Thread: ADT 2006 Multi-user Customization

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default ADT 2006 Multi-user Customization

I have 10 users and am finally switching over to ADT 2006 and was wondering how far a multi-user firm goes with its customization. I currently have plotting, plot styles, templates, plot stamps and fonts mapped to a centralized location for all users. I noticed I can do this with other parts of the ADT software. I was going to add AEC content and Tool Catalogue to that location and considered moving other options. Should I have details, styles, layers, and textures mappes also?

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: ADT 2006 Multi-user Customization

Quote Originally Posted by StephenJ
    I have 10 users and am finally switching over to ADT 2006 and was wondering how far a multi-user firm goes with its customization. I currently have plotting, plot styles, templates, plot stamps and fonts mapped to a centralized location for all users. I noticed I can do this with other parts of the ADT software. I was going to add AEC content and Tool Catalogue to that location and considered moving other options. Should I have details, styles, layers, and textures mappes also?

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks
    Absolutely, defintely, yes.

As long as you keep your Styles and components on a central server and farm out the palettes to your users, you will have far fewer problems than if they wander off creating thier own styles on local drives.

Extend this to Layer Key Styles too and make sure that you have all your templates ready as well, you need a whole lot more templates in ADT that AutoCad.

One of the big lessons I have learned about ADT is that is just doesn't work out of the box, you need to massage it into the shape you want it to be, then it becomes the great tool it can be.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: ADT 2006 Multi-user Customization

Quote Originally Posted by carl_hd_collins
    Absolutely, defintely, yes.

As long as you keep your Styles and components on a central server and farm out the palettes to your users, you will have far fewer problems than if they wander off creating thier own styles on local drives.

Extend this to Layer Key Styles too and make sure that you have all your templates ready as well, you need a whole lot more templates in ADT that AutoCad.

One of the big lessons I have learned about ADT is that is just doesn't work out of the box, you need to massage it into the shape you want it to be, then it becomes the great tool it can be.
    Thanks for the input

FYI . I am upgrading from ADT 3.3. We only used the 3.3 features for plans and will be trying to use the more advanced features with ADT 2006.