Thread: Flip Text and flip justification at the same time

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Flip Text and flip justification at the same time

hi,
    i'm trying a dynblock with a flip.
    my intent is to have text on one side right justified; and when flipped, the text changes to left justified.
    the problem is that the text does not re-justify and so when edits to the block text (attrib)are made, the appearance gets out-of-alignment. existing text does flip normally, but new (edited) text gets weird. a temporary (ugly) solution is to flip the block to normal, edit, then flip back.

can anyone provide advice? i'd like to avoid a (lisp) coding solution and just have the dynblock stand on its own.

karl

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Flip Text and flip justification at the same time

Quote Originally Posted by jakob_k
    a temporary (ugly) solution is to flip the block to normal, edit, then flip back.
    I discovered this in one of my blocks in the Sharing thread. That is why I don't use the flip for attributes.
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by jakob_k
    hi,
    i'm trying a dynblock with a flip.
    my intent is to have text on one side right justified; and when flipped, the text changes to left justified.
    the problem is that the text does not re-justify and so when edits to the block text (attrib)are made, the appearance gets out-of-alignment. existing text does flip normally, but new (edited) text gets weird. a temporary (ugly) solution is to flip the block to normal, edit, then flip back.

can anyone provide advice? i'd like to avoid a (lisp) coding solution and just have the dynblock stand on its own.

karl
    flip action is identical to the mirror command in how it affects most geometry, but text in particular. when autodesk writes re-justification into the mirror command for text, then we will be that much closer to making the world a perfect place to live.....
    Sometimes, i get lost in my own thoughts and need to ask directions to find my way back.
    S&D DB Sharing Forum

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Chris.N
    flip action is identical to the mirror command in how it affects most geometry, but text in particular. when autodesk writes re-justification into the mirror command for text, then we will be that much closer to making the world a perfect place to live.....
    thats odd to me, because when you mirror a leader with text it does re-justify. i have not tryed flipping an attribute, but you would think it would work the same. i know it aggrivates me when i match properties and it doesnt match up the justification...grr

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by james.126519
    thats odd to me, because when you mirror a leader with text it does re-justify. i have not tryed flipping an attribute, but you would think it would work the same. i know it aggrivates me when i match properties and it doesnt match up the justification...grr
    Leaders and Dynamic Blocks are not the same thing.
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

In the hospital cuz of my fever for more cowbell
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Opie
    Leaders and Dynamic Blocks are not the same thing.
    It's not even so much Dynamic Blocks as it is attributes which really differfrom leaders and text .....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Return of the Cowbell

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

well i know this lol....

im just saying...attribute/multiline text/single line text/dimension text...they all use the same letters and the same justification settings so you would think the simple things such as mirror would be the same across the board. its just an Autocad foopah that i am sure will be remedied one day.

Login to Give a bone

Old thread, I know, but if anyone's looking for a solution here's the workaround I've found: in attribute properties, under Misc, set Multiple lines to Yes.

That's it!

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by istewart View Post
    Old thread, I know, but if anyone's looking for a solution here's the workaround I've found: in attribute properties, under Misc, set Multiple lines to Yes.

That's it!
    Brilliant! So simple just change the property of the attribute in the Properties dialogue box/MISC/Multiple Lines to YES.
    Thank you thank you!