See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: AutoCAD 2002 and Windows XP unable to select Excel Object within DWG file

Login to Give a bone

Post AutoCAD 2002 and Windows XP unable to select Excel Object within DWG file

Vendor dwg has tables inserted (assume excel) that cannot be copied. When we try to explode the tables the text changes. Not a problem for those of us still using windows 2000 professional. The effects taggle in windows xp does not solve this problem like it did for mtext dialoge box. I am stumped. Any help?

Certifiable AUGI Addict ccowgill's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: AutoCAD 2002 and Windows XP unable to select Excel Object within DWG file

what do you mean by the text changes?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: AutoCAD 2002 and Windows XP unable to select Excel Object within DWG file

Sorry. The font changes and no longer fits into the cells of the table when the table is exploded. If you do not explode the table you cannot copy or edit it in any way.
    Again I have no problem with Windows pro but with XP it gives me fits. I am certain it is a Windows setting that needs to be changed. We have tried the fixes I know without success. Thanks for the answerback.

I could stop if I wanted to sschwartz85916's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by drz1
    Vendor dwg has tables inserted (assume excel) that cannot be copied. When we try to explode the tables the text changes. Not a problem for those of us still using windows 2000 professional. The effects taggle in windows xp does not solve this problem like it did for mtext dialoge box. I am stumped. Any help?
    Before we switched to ACAD 2006, (from 2002) the tables could not be read either. Did you check autodesk for an object enabler?

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by drz1
    Sorry. The font changes and no longer fits into the cells of the table when the table is exploded. If you do not explode the table you cannot copy or edit it in any way.
    Again I have no problem with Windows pro but with XP it gives me fits. I am certain it is a Windows setting that needs to be changed. We have tried the fixes I know without success. Thanks for the answerback.
    It sounds like the table is a block from another drawing inserted into yours. The text style gets updated when you explode the block in your drawing. My guess the text style name is "Standard" or "ROMANS", something common.

You can start a blank drawing, and make sure there are no common named text styles in it, then paste the block in and explode. See if that helps. Of course you can post it for members to examine as well.

Login to Give a bone

Thanks folks. I will try tonight.

Certifiable AUGI Addict ccowgill's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

I would also look into the possibility that the font that was used in that table was installed on the system with Windows 2000, but not in the XP system

Login to Give a bone

Thanks again CowGirl. The fellow with the problem has been hurried into another emergency project (same everywhere these days). We will be trying all the fixes soon. Thanks for being there.