Thread: LISP load order in relationship to CUI load order

Login to Give a bone

Default LISP load order in relationship to CUI load order

What determines the order in which LISP files are loaded?

I have an enterprise cui file (acad.cui) with partial cui's loaded in it (multiple custom office cui's). The partial cui's have LISP files loaded in them and for the life of me I can't seem to change the order in which they load. I've tried changing the order of the support paths in options that point to the folders where the LISP files reside. I've tried changing the order of the partial cui's listed in the cui editor and the order in which I attached them. What gives?
    Steve Bennett |BIM Manager
    Taylor Design | Adventures in BIM

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: LISP load order in relationship to CUI load order

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_Bennett

I have an enterprise cui file (acad.cui) with partial cui's loaded in it (multiple custom office cui's). The partial cui's have LISP files loaded in them and for the life of me I can't seem to change the order in which they load. I've tried changing the order of the support paths in options that point to the folders where the LISP files reside. I've tried changing the order of the partial cui's listed in the cui editor and the order in which I attached them. What gives?
    Is there reason to use the CUI files for loading AutoLISP files? Can you not accomplish what you need with the ACAD.LSP or ACADDOC.LSP files?
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

I'm curious, why are you asking about modifying said files?
    Quote Originally Posted by Opie
    Is there reason to use the CUI files for loading AutoLISP files? Can you not accomplish what you need with the ACAD.LSP or ACADDOC.LSP files?
    It's what I deemed to be the best solution for this particular office. There are currently 7 teams that I am managing cutom content for and that number will only go up. Each team has their own desktop icon and their own set of custom commands. The teams custom commands are supposed to load on top of the office standard commands. Modifying the acad.lsp or acaddoc.lsp is what I've been trying to steer away from to help future upgrades of software easier.

If I place the lisp files for the office standard in the office standard cui file and the team lisp files in the team cui file then I can easily see which lisp files are loaded for which team. Did that make sense?

Let me put it this way... I have a lot of customization already setup this way and I'm not too keen on changing it. If you can give me a REAL good reason to change, I might, but would like to keep it as is.

I could stop if I wanted to sschwartz85916's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_Bennett

In what order DO they load??? alphabetical? Maybe thats the ticket.. (or maybe not). I still don't understand why the order should matter at all... personally, we use alot of customizations here, which I personally do NOT use myself. I have a workspace saved in my name and I "uncheck" the things I do not want loaded on my workspace.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by sschwartz
    In what order DO they load??? alphabetical? Maybe thats the ticket.. (or maybe not). I still don't understand why the order should matter at all... personally, we use alot of customizations here, which I personally do NOT use myself. I have a workspace saved in my name and I "uncheck" the things I do not want loaded on my workspace.
    The order matters because the team insists on using a modified version of a command with the same name as the office standard. Currently the office standard LISP command is taking precedence over the modified command.

I will check to see if they are loading alpha-numerically...

Login to Give a bone

Are there any file or folder differences that could be used to determine which AutoLISP files to load? Are the only differences the menus?

What are the common routines that will be used? Are the partial CUI's modifying routines that are supposed to be loaded from the Enterprise CUI? Could you place a load routine in the associated MNL file for the desired partial CUI?
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

If you are using (load) with just "filename.ext", then lisp has to search for it, first in the dir where the cui is, then following the order of the search paths in Options. If you want to load a specific file regardless of the search order, use a fully qualified path.
    C:> ED WORKING....

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Jobe
    If you are using (load) with just "filename.ext", then lisp has to search for it, first in the dir where the cui is, then following the order of the search paths in Options. If you want to load a specific file regardless of the search order, use a fully qualified path.
    Full paths are being specified for the lisp routines that get loaded by the lisp file and the command that I'm getting a conflict with does not load a lisp routine - it's more like a script run via lisp that turns layers on/off.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Opie
    Are there any file or folder differences that could be used to determine which AutoLISP files to load? Are the only differences the menus?

What are the common routines that will be used? Are the partial CUI's modifying routines that are supposed to be loaded from the Enterprise CUI? Could you place a load routine in the associated MNL file for the desired partial CUI?
    Good questions and we are currently looking into these right now.