Thread: AutoCAD 2007 plot dialog closes on its own when plot selected from right-click menu

Certifiable AUGI Addict ccowgill's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default AutoCAD 2007 plot dialog closes on its own when plot selected from right-click menu

has any one experienced a problem when previewing a plot and using the right click menu to plot with the command just exiting out. the user experiencing this is the only one in the office because no one uses that method of plotting, we are on 07

Login to Give a bone

Question Re: AutoCAD 2007 plot dialog closes on its own when plot selected from right-click menu

Quote Originally Posted by ccowgill
    has any one experienced a problem when previewing a plot and using the right click menu to plot with the command just exiting out. the user experiencing this is the only one in the office because no one uses that method of plotting, we are on 07
    I haven't had a problem myself so far...

just to clarify, you're saying the user set up their print, goes to plot, previews, then goes to right-click (either to finish the plot, or to return to the plot dialog?)

any system information? (assuming you are using the same OS with the same SP's and the same plotter drivers, etc?)
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

Archibus, FMS/FMInteract and AutoCAD Expert (I use BricsCAD, Revit, Tandem, and Planon, too)
    Technical Editor
    not all those who wander are lost

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: AutoCAD 2007 plot dialog closes on its own when plot selected from right-click menu

Quote Originally Posted by ccowgill
    When you right click while in a plot preview and click Plot instead of Exit, it's just skips going back to the settings dialog and sends it to the plotter with the settings that created the plot preview. I use this method all of the time. Did nothing come out of the plotter?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: AutoCAD 2007 plot dialog closes on its own when plot selected from right-click menu

One thing I've tried in the past when it's just one user in the office is to revert to the ootb profile and see if the problem persists. Then you know if it is user related or system related.
    Steve Bennett |BIM Manager
    Taylor Design | Adventures in BIM

Certifiable AUGI Addict ccowgill's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

from what I understood, it exited when he right clicked, it didn't give him time or an option to click anything else in the shortcut menu. No one else in our office has ever complained about such a problem, he is the only one, the way I understood it, he reset the profile but that didn't help. my problem is, I dont use plot preview any more, I run a series of programs that as long as the titleblock is positioned properly, the program plots using predefined page setups and requires no user input.