Thread: Apply a scale factor to a scale action as you can with stretch actions?

Login to Give a bone

Default Apply a scale factor to a scale action as you can with stretch actions?

Is there a way to apply a scale factor to a scale action as you can with stretch actions?

The issue I have is this; I am doing a DB for SHS & RHS steelwork sections. I have the main dims in a lookup table (depth x width x thickness) which is fine. Now I need to show radii on the corners - the inner radii need to be 0.5 x thickness and the outer radii 1.5 x thickness. I've looked at the properties for the scale actions and there doesn't seem to be a way to apply a scale factor to them (like the distance multiplier for move actions)

I could add 2 more dims for the radii, but then I would have to add a further 16 stretch commands to tidy up the lines adjoining the fillets plus having to calculate the radii for a couple of hundred section sizes to add to the lookup table.

Surely there is an easier way than this?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Apply a scale factor to a scale action as you can with stretch actions?

Quote Originally Posted by ti598
    Is there a way to apply a scale factor to a scale action as you can with stretch actions?

The issue I have is this; I am doing a DB for SHS & RHS steelwork sections. I have the main dims in a lookup table (depth x width x thickness) which is fine. Now I need to show radii on the corners - the inner radii need to be 0.5 x thickness and the outer radii 1.5 x thickness. I've looked at the properties for the scale actions and there doesn't seem to be a way to apply a scale factor to them (like the distance multiplier for move actions)

I could add 2 more dims for the radii, but then I would have to add a further 16 stretch commands to tidy up the lines adjoining the fillets plus having to calculate the radii for a couple of hundred section sizes to add to the lookup table.

Surely there is an easier way than this?
    nope, i've posted a 'wishlist' item to add scale factor to the scale action, but it didn't get very high...
    Sometimes, i get lost in my own thoughts and need to ask directions to find my way back.
    S&D DB Sharing Forum