Thread: Print Speed

Login to Give a bone

Talking Print Speed

We just started using an HP Design Jet 500 and it's printing slower than the 400. Does anyone know how to get this thing to print faster. I have it printing from the Computer. The "Sales Guy" told us it would print faster and i'm pretty sure it's printing slower. Any ideas?

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Print Speed

I have used the hp 500 for many years and it prints have never been "slow". "C" sized B&W or color print in about 3 min. for default settings, normal bright white for paper, and "D" sized in about 5 min. same settings. High gloss "D" in about 10 min.

I have stock ram in machine, and use standard print cable not USB2.

Good luck!

Login to Give a bone

Talking Re: Print Speed

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Jager
    I have used the hp 500 for many years and it prints have never been "slow". "C" sized B&W or color print in about 3 min. for default settings, normal bright white for paper, and "D" sized in about 5 min. same settings. High gloss "D" in about 10 min.

I have stock ram in machine, and use standard print cable not USB2.

Good luck!

Okay, maybe I just need to tinker with my settings. I think the Tech. guy told me to put it on Fast instead of Normal. 3 minutes is about what we were getting. The sales guy said it would be faster.

Login to Give a bone

Talking Re: Print Speed

Another question. Do you know why when I send 11 sheets to the printer, It prints page #1, then skips #2 prints the rest of the sheets then comes back and prints page 2?

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Yes I forgot to tell you, print setting is "normal" at these speeds. The one thing that can speed up your plot times considerably is to go to Settings, Appearance Raster Setting and set to low or medium. Draw back: you will have jaggier lines especially angles and curves but it will print noticeably faster.

I have not experienced plot skipping, but I do notice when I spool a job and start another application before complete it will clip the drawings and screw all of the plots up.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Excuse me Devin. I just took a look at your site. Well done. I was wondering if your sample prints were made with Revit. Nice work.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by bgauthier
    Excuse me Devin. I just took a look at your site. Well done. I was wondering if your sample prints were made with Revit. Nice work.

Thanks, most of those plans were done in Autocad, there are about 10 or so in Revit. If you look closely you can tell. Thanks again.