When I link a set of 2D construction details into revit, each is assigned an import symbol name, titled after the original dwg file name. Great. the import symbol name matches the dwg file name. The problem is if you move the linked detail symbol on the sheet, it should be renamed accordingly to allow other users to know what dwg file is linked to that detail so they can go work with it. Problematically, if you change the name of that import symbol (because you are moving it on a sheet to a new position) then the list of import symbol names in the view graphics dialogue box does not update. You therefore lose the ability to alter the linked layers unless you happen to remember the original import symbol name. Is this a bug?

Hopefully, I am simply doing something wrong here. (This is my office's pilot project!), If not, it seems you have no flexibility with sheet placement of linked detail dwg's. You would have to delete the linked import symbol, rename the dwg, and then re import the detail, simply to move the detail on the sheet.

Is this what others are doing? Any help out there?

Jake