See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tips and Tricks of the Month

All AUGI, all the time clog boy's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Tips and Tricks of the Month

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    Tactfully put, Steve. People should remember this is a community of users who do it for the love of it. People demanding responses (or posts that intimate a similar attitude) would do well to remember the "extremely high joining fee" they paid (ie $0.00)
    I for one learned heaps off the members of this site and am very grateful for all that has been done.
    To all the moderators and regular Gurus who take the time to help, Thanks Gang! I don't think we say it enough.
    John Mc
    Actually, $0,00 (or €0,-) is a pretty high entrance fee. Free rarely doesn't involve obligations, like being nice to each other, help where you can etc. We contribute with our efforts rather than financially, I'm not known to practice as I preach though.
    I learned a lot here about Revit and the people who use it, helping me to reach a certain 'status quo' within the office.

My offer to XML the most usefull topics still stand.

I could stop if I wanted to Merlin's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Thumbs up Re: Tips and Tricks of the Month

Quote Originally Posted by bram.weinreder View Post
    Actually, $0,00 (or €0,-) is a pretty high entrance fee. Free rarely doesn't involve obligations, like being nice to each other, help where you can etc. We contribute with our efforts rather than financially, I'm not known to practice as I preach though.
    I learned a lot here about Revit and the people who use it, helping me to reach a certain 'status quo' within the office.

My offer to XML the most usefull topics still stand.
    Well said, mate. And a generous offer from you too.

I could stop if I wanted to Simon.Whitbread's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_Stafford View Post
    Because we are volunteer based organization and there are lots of things demanding attention (not the least of which our day jobs) and the final excuse is because we haven't. Btw Scott has only recently joined Autodesk but he had been a bit slack about posting while he was still volunteering to do it. James V is working on his replacement and we should know something soon.
    Steve - are you...

A:still looking?
    B: Open to voluteers from down under?
    C: Open to Pushy people?

My hand is up

Login to Give a bone

Arrow Re: Tips and Tricks of the Month

December Tip:

When plans aren't showing what you want i.e. not cutting through the building elements you want to see cut, try using the oft' overlooked "Plan Region" tool.

Located on the View tab on the Design Bar, the Plan Region tool allows you to specify an area by sketch, which you can set a different View Range to that of the rest of the plan.

For example, you may want to show a clerestory window, cut in your floor plan, even though it's above the cut plane.

Click the Plan Region button,

sketch a line around the area you want to show(in this case, the area that the clerestory window is located) and make sure you make the line a closed region.

Click the Region Properties button, then view range button, and set the cut plane to the center of the window and check that the top and bottom limits of the view range show what you need to see and click OK, OK, Finish Sketch.

Finis.

fyi: I have heard from one individual that the plan region tool has spontaneously changed its view range.

Login to Give a bone

Plan Region

http://www.revitup.co.za/_mgxroot/page_10858.html

I have also had it change it's View range though...but hey it can't all be perfect lol and this is a very useful tool

Login to Give a bone

Hi,

Could you place a link for my BLOG ?
    I am an Application Engineer working in Autodesk Reseller since 1996 and started to work with ADT ( 1999 ) and REVIT ( 2003 ) as Autodesk authorized to sell them at Brazil.

LINK: http://autocad-revit-arquitetura.blogspot.com/

Thanks,

Ricardo Cardial

Login to Give a bone

Just like when you learn Revit you need to remove all knowledge of previous cad programs, when you come to these forums, you need to dismiss any common sense and logic associated with other forums you may have previously browsed.

Just what I needed. More searching for things that should be in common sense locations while spending more time looking for the things that are supposed to be saving me time.

So, where are the tips and tricks?

The links send me to the home page and the home page sends me to this thread, which contains no tips and tricks, just a link to the home page, which sends me here, where there are no tips and tricks, just a few links to the home page, where there are no tips and tricks, just a link here, which has a link to the home page.

Annoying huh?

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by jflynn View Post
    Just what I needed. More searching for things that should be in common sense locations while spending more time looking for the things that are supposed to be saving me time.

So, where are the tips and tricks?

The links send me to the home page and the home page sends me to this thread, which contains no tips and tricks, just a link to the home page, which sends me here, where there are no tips and tricks, just a few links to the home page, where there are no tips and tricks, just a link here, which has a link to the home page.

Annoying huh?
    Although I understand your frustration seeking information..this type of comment is similar to:
    Quote Originally Posted by wmullett View Post
    If Scott hasn't been doing this for more than a year then why is he still listed?

The problem is that I don't see any tips since his last post on 9/2/ 05.

That sure isn't current!
    Earlier in this thread....from which we were reminded of:

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_Stafford View Post
    Because we are volunteer based organization and there are lots of things demanding attention (not the least of which our day jobs) and the final excuse is because we haven't. Btw Scott has only recently joined Autodesk but he had been a bit slack about posting while he was still volunteering to do it. James V is working on his replacement and we should know something soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    Tactfully put, Steve. People should remember this is a community of users who do it for the love of it. People demanding responses (or posts that intimate a similar attitude) would do well to remember the "extremely high joining fee" they paid (ie $0.00)
    I for one learned heaps off the members of this site and am very grateful for all that has been done.
    To all the moderators and regular Gurus who take the time to help, Thanks Gang! I don't think we say it enough.
    John Mc
    Maybe note to the moderator would have been better?

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by tedg View Post
    Although I understand your frustration seeking information..this type of comment is similar to:

Earlier in this thread....from which we were reminded of:

Maybe note to the moderator would have been better?
    That was my note to the moderator.

I could stop if I wanted to dfriesen's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by jflynn View Post
    That was my note to the moderator.
    Welcome to the forums! May I introduce you to knurrebusk? I'm sure you two would be very happy together.

You'd have a much better start here, and perhaps even get a pointer in the right direction, if you would just ask a question, instead of soundly criticizing something you're not familiar with.

If you're looking for tips, go to http://forums.augi.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7, scroll to the bottom, and under Display Options, set From The Beginning.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123