See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Color palette not correct in color picker

Login to Give a bone

Default Color palette not correct in color picker

My color palette has changed, some colors are incorrect now.
    Even the RBG values are wrong. On a working autocad, the pen color 251 has RGB of 91, 91, 91 and pen 252 has RGB of 132, 132, 132. On MINE, Pen 251 has RGB of 101, 101, 101 and pen 252 has RGB of 102,102,102. The colors look identical. Other colors are identical too, pen 109 and 119

screenshot.4.png My palette
    acadpalette.PNG Correct palette

On the color palette attached, look at the lowest 2 rows, and my grays. They are not the same as original, they are much darker. Any suggestions?

AutoCAD 2011 Version 3

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Color palette not correct in color picker

First thing I would try would be a REPAIR from Control Panel

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by cadtag View Post
    First thing I would try would be a REPAIR from Control Panel
    Figured as much. our system is locked down, so i can't access the Add / Remove Programs.

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by evylrat918811 View Post
    My color palette has changed, some colors are incorrect now.
    Even the RBG values are wrong. On a working autocad, the pen color 251 has RGB of 91, 91, 91 and pen 252 has RGB of 132, 132, 132. On MINE, Pen 251 has RGB of 101, 101, 101 and pen 252 has RGB of 102,102,102. The colors look identical. Other colors are identical too, pen 109 and 119
    On the color palette attached, look at the lowest 2 rows, and my grays. They are not the same as original, they are much darker. Any suggestions?

AutoCAD 2011 Version 3
    Mine are exactly the same as yours in 2012 & 2014, don't have 2011. Are you sure we both have it wrong? I'm using 64bit Windows 7, maybe the other PC is different?

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Beauford View Post
    Mine are exactly the same as yours in 2012 & 2014, don't have 2011. Are you sure we both have it wrong? I'm using 64bit Windows 7, maybe the other PC is different?
    Mine is Acad 2011, version 3. The other is Acad 2011 with no service packs. Both on XP machines, with Intel Q45 chipset for graphics, and same drivers. Perhaps I should update my colleagues PC to the same AutoCAD Service pack and see if his palette changes.
    acadpalette_pen.PNG
    Below is a shot of my Pen Settings from the Print dialog. That palette appears to match my colleagues color tool palette.
    If I draw two boxes, one pen 251 and one pen 252 they look identical on the screen (since their RGB values are 101,101,101 and 102,102,102 respectively)
    Pens251_252.png
    BUT you can see they plot correctly, according to the Pen Tool Palette. A quick check using image editing software shows the RGB values aren't exactly as what the pen palette says, but you can see they are clearly two different shades of gray, compared to my display within Autocad. Repair is not an option for me, my company has removed network installations of 2011.
    Odd that two color palette pickers within Autocad show different pen colors / RGB colors.

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

According to http://sub-atomic.com/~moses/acadcolors.html Pen 251 has RGB of 80, 80, 80 and pen 252 has RGB of 105,105,105. Maybe no two setups are the same? Anyone else want to chime in on what they have?

Login to Give a bone

See This Thread here on the forums for a spreadsheet, ACItoRGB.xls. It lists Pen colours and RGB settings, which tie in with my colleagues pens.

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Check out this link: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet...linkID=9240617
    RGB values used to represent ACI colors vary

Issue

You noticed that the RGB values used to represent ACI colors are not consistent across different computers or AutoCAD® installations.

Solution

AutoCAD® uses two different sets of RGB values for a given ACI color, depending on the current drawing background color.

If the background color in AutoCAD is set to black, the RGB color used to represent the ACI color will be slightly lighter. For all other background colors, a slightly darker RGB color is used.

Using two different RGB color sets increases the contrast of the drawing geometry, enhancing display quality.

Login to Give a bone

I did see that article yesterday, and it's correct. I reverted by background color to classic black (from 33,40,4 and the colors reverted back to what I was expecting. If I keep choosing a different background color, the palette changes. So Tom you were right both times! it's my colleague that's the odd one out. Unless you compare to a version before the ribbon and non black background. Thanks!
    SOLVED!