Thread: Block attribute text size is incorrect when the Block is not selected

Login to Give a bone

Default Block attribute text size is incorrect when the Block is not selected

I have a block inserted in a drawing, and scaled up. The attributes show at the correct size when I pick them with grips, but when they arent picked they are smaller. Is there a setting to get those to show to the correct scale?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Block attribute text size is incorrect when the Block is not selected

Not too sure what you meant. so I guess you inserted a block onto a drawing, model space i guess. then you scaled it up, do a attedit on the block and change the attributes. Do you mean changing the fonts size to fit the correct height you are after? I guess when you scaled up the block, the text inside the attributes will scale up as well. but i never come across changing the scale of the text, as i always apply attributes on paper space

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Block attribute text size is incorrect when the Block is not selected

Could you post up an example drawing file?

In the hospital cuz of my fever for more cowbell
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by lwhitney.133796
    I have a block inserted in a drawing, and scaled up. The attributes show at the correct size when I pick them with grips, but when they arent picked they are smaller. Is there a setting to get those to show to the correct scale?
    I think it has to do with HOW you scale it. Check your properties box to make sure all the XY and Z properties match. The scale it up through the properties window ..... let me know if this makes any difference.

I've had blocks where if I scale the up using the scale command, the attributes won't work properly but if I scale it up using the Properties Dialog, then it comes out fine. Part of me wants to suggest that you check your attributes to make sure they aren't in locked position .....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Return of the Cowbell