Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dual monitor support

Very frustrating. I know quite alot of people who are using dual monitors with Revit now.

- open views on second monitor without losing all that space to the menu and tool bars
    - keep dialogue boxes (such as properties) open at all times
    - some items in dialogue boxes don't seem to work properly in dual monitor setups (items greyed out, non-scrollable lists)
    - etc, etc!

Wes

Default Re: Dual monitor support

I second this one very strongly. Much hardware is very very cheap these days and I have a video card that supports three video cards if I want them, up to 1600 x 1200 each.

Right now I use two monitors and even some very basic tweaks so that if I shunt the project explorer onto the second screen it doesn't default back to the first when I open an alternate project (or family) and then stay docked when I return to my original project would help.

I would be happy to do the set up myself if some interface were there so Revit would not be required to poll the system for its details.

Pete

mmmmmm....
    What's that tweak? I love to have my project browser on mon. 2, but I get sick of moving it every time I open a different file.
    Wes

I think dual monitor support is usefull.
    However three or more might be a waste for a single person.
    There should be other means or incentives to move your body.
    And the foremost important issue is the main screen that should handle everything and that is a software-and-speed matter.

Revit Arch. Wishlist Mgr. Wes Macaulay's Avatar

From one Wesley to another...

I quite agree about the dual monitor thing. In fact, I gave up on it and went to a higher res single monitor setup instead. It would be nice if this was fixed. Both the ATI and nVidia cards seem to suffer from this in my experience (this was Windows 2000 - maybe XP is better).

AND... I have to say it's nice to see someone who hasn't *lost* their ability to spell lose properly. A lot of people must be too tight because when they can't find something, they're always saying they're loosing it. Don't let me loose my mind... or lose it?

All AUGI, all the time mlgatzke's Avatar

I agree, this would be nice. I've already begun discussions with our IT staff and we're already talking dual processory machines with dual LCD panel monitors for everyone in my lab.

It would be nice to separate the project browser from the work-space and lock them into desktop positions. I would also like the option (probably in preferences) for Revit to remember the location of each dialog box so that it will return to the same location each time it is called.

Revit Forum Manager Steve_Stafford's Avatar

Many of the dialog boxes do remember where they were now...not the project browser though.

All AUGI, all the time mlgatzke's Avatar

Steve,

Guess I never really paid much attention to it, but you gotta admit that dual monitor support would be a welcome addition to Revit.

Revit Forum Manager Steve_Stafford's Avatar

Idongattadoonufin...(sorry, writin' with food in my mouth)

Yaah, shooer yoo betcha, I agree.

I've got a dual head Matrox Millenium video card. I've used dual before, but until I've got two monitors that can each handle the same resolution I've gone back to one.

I could stop if I wanted to Damo's Avatar

(Found this wish list post at last, didn't want to start a new one)

Please please please Mr. AutoDesk, can we have dual monitor support for Revit? Either by allowing Revit stretch across 2 monitors, or to allow us to move the browser and other toolbars onto to the second monitor.

The working space you get with just two 17" monitors is far better (IMHO) then one large 21".

If this isn't possible by the next release, can we at least have Revit remember where the browser is docked. I find it very frustrating that it keeps reverting back to the primary monitor.
    Last edited by Damo; 2006-04-29 at 11:05 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast