Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Parking stalls with handicap parking

Login to Give a bone

Default Parking stalls with handicap parking

Okay guys, put your thinking caps on........Here is my dilema.
    I'm working on a parking stall. Looks pretty much the same as everyone elses. I have vis states for 9' or 10' stalls, with or without wheel stops. Problem is this, my handicap parking can be anywhere in the row of parking depending on where the front door is. AND the h/c spot is only 16' wide (8' space with 8' loading area). I never go over 50 spaces, so the most I will ever need is 2 h/c stalls. Is there a way to incorporate that into a block? I can't see a way, but you may be able to. I even thought of just "overlaying" the h/c block where I need it on the parking block, but since the h/c space is only 16' wide, it won't line up. Any suggestion?

Oh, as soon as I have the parking block completed, I'll post it along with the h/c block.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Parking stalls with handicap parking

Quote Originally Posted by dzatto
    Okay guys, put your thinking caps on........Here is my dilema.
    I'm working on a parking stall. Looks pretty much the same as everyone elses. I have vis states for 9' or 10' stalls, with or without wheel stops. Problem is this, my handicap parking can be anywhere in the row of parking depending on where the front door is. AND the h/c spot is only 16' wide (8' space with 8' loading area). I never go over 50 spaces, so the most I will ever need is 2 h/c stalls. Is there a way to incorporate that into a block? I can't see a way, but you may be able to. I even thought of just "overlaying" the h/c block where I need it on the parking block, but since the h/c space is only 16' wide, it won't line up. Any suggestion?

Oh, as soon as I have the parking block completed, I'll post it along with the h/c block.
    i'd put your h/c stalls in the middle and have your regular stalls spread out to each side in that arrangement.
    Sometimes, i get lost in my own thoughts and need to ask directions to find my way back.
    S&D DB Sharing Forum

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Chris.N
    i'd put your h/c stalls in the middle and have your regular stalls spread out to each side in that arrangement.
    ahhhhhh so have 2 stretch parameters. One on each side. Now why didn't I think of that!!!!! I guess I could add some vis states for one or two h/c spots. hmmmmmmm. Should work!. Now what about the field for counting spaces? Won't it throw that off? Or would you have one for each side of the h/c space? I wonder if that would be to weird looking.................

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by dzatto
    ahhhhhh so have 2 stretch parameters. One on each side. Now why didn't I think of that!!!!! I guess I could add some vis states for one or two h/c spots. hmmmmmmm. Should work!. Now what about the field for counting spaces? Won't it throw that off? Or would you have one for each side of the h/c space? I wonder if that would be to weird looking.................
    i don't know how you could do one field when the access aisle is present using the 'distance' method.... lemme think a bit...
    Sometimes, i get lost in my own thoughts and need to ask directions to find my way back.
    S&D DB Sharing Forum

Login to Give a bone

you could also just make two seperate blocks, one for the HC stalls and one for regular stalls. never know when you will need just the HC spaces.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Chris.N
    i don't know how you could do one field when the access aisle is present using the 'distance' method.... lemme think a bit...
    i think (im not too good with fields) if your access area was a separate line, you could have the field calculate the number of stalls, avoiding the HC space loading area. ill draw up something in a minute (minus the field) to illustrate that.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Chad_C
    you could also just make two seperate blocks, one for the HC stalls and one for regular stalls. never know when you will need just the HC spaces.
    I agree, right now I have a DB of just parking stalls and one of just the h/c stalls. Sometimes I put it at the building with no other parking or curbs, just striping. I'm also going to do a parking layout with no curbs at all, just wheel stops for double row parking.

Login to Give a bone

Okay, here is my regular parking DB without handicap parking (with curbs). Credit to jnyazz, since I modeled my DB after his (good job). One minor problem I'm having is I cannot, for the life of me, get the horizontal flip grip to flip when I use the vertical flip. Check out my block, you'll see what I mean. The grip is selected but the action isn't and it's not working. When I try to include the action, it gives me an irresolveable cycle error. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Login to Give a bone

Someone please figure this out!!!!! I've even redone all the flip paramaters / actions and it's still doing it. I'm sure it's something very elementary, but I can't seem to find what it is.

Login to Give a bone

As you have noticed multiple flip states do not work well with each other since you cannot include them in another flip action. I have messed with your block for awhile, one suggestion is to leave the flip grip on the flip axis. That way things tend to stay where they belong. I have had similar problems with polar stretches not keeping things where they belong. I noticed that even though your grips were out of position the still functioned as they were designed to. One other dirty way to work around this is to have a vis state for the flip state that doesn't work (one flip/ on vis) that way you can keep the attribute orientated in the proper direction.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast