Thread: ADT2006 -Wall opening endcaps

Login to Give a bone

Unhappy Wall opening endcaps

Does anyone know how to get an opening endcap back to the wall style opening end cap once it has been overridden? I tried resetting it (also tried creating a new opening end cap style) in the wall style manager, and in the properties dialog for both the wall and the opening with no luck. I am currently having them re-override them with the correct opening endcap. But for future use I was wondering if anyone knows of an easier way, maybe there is some command or selection box that I have missed somewhere?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: ADT2006 -Wall opening endcaps

Quote Originally Posted by jswan.83519
    Does anyone know how to get an opening endcap back to the wall style opening end cap once it has been overridden? I tried resetting it (also tried creating a new opening end cap style) in the wall style manager, and in the properties dialog for both the wall and the opening with no luck. I am currently having them re-override them with the correct opening endcap. But for future use I was wondering if anyone knows of an easier way, maybe there is some command or selection box that I have missed somewhere?
    What software are you using? What version of ACAD, or what vertical application?

Login to Give a bone

Architectural Desktop 2006.

There are window openings in the wall and instead of changing the opening endcap style for the wall type, they did an override of the opening end cap for each door and window. Now the wall thickness has changed and it won't automatically update the opening end cap style to the wall type since it was done with an override. I am just wondering if I am missing something somewhere that will allow me to get rid of that override. The only options I see are either redrawing the wall, creating a completely new wall and applying it to the current wall (not sure if that will change the opening caps), or just re-overriding it.

Login to Give a bone

[ SNIP ]
    Hi "jswan.83519"

Please note I have *moved* this thread from the AutoCAD General forum to this one...

Thanks, Mike

Forum Manager

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

There are window openings in the wall and instead of changing the opening endcap style for the wall type, they did an override of the opening end cap for each door and window. Now the wall thickness has changed and it won't automatically update the opening end cap style to the wall type since it was done with an override. I am just wondering if I am missing something somewhere that will allow me to get rid of that override. The only options I see are either redrawing the wall, creating a completely new wall and applying it to the current wall (not sure if that will change the opening caps), or just re-overriding it.
    If you select the overridden wall and go to your properties palette, half way down you will see the heading 'Style Overrides' in there what does it say? Change it back to bystyle if it is overridden and all should be well.

If you're still having trouble with it then post the drawing and I'll take a look.

Cheers,

Steve

Login to Give a bone

The settings in the Wall Style Manager are the wall defaults. Overrides set on a specific opening would not be affected by a change to the default Wall Opening Endcap Style set as the default in the Wall Style.

Select the opening object [Door, Window, Door/Window Assembly or Opening] and go to the Properties palette. Under the Location category, there is a subcategory called Endcaps, which [in ADT 2004 anyway] has one property, "Opening endcap". Set this to "*By Wall Style*" to restore the default setting for that type of opening, as assigned in the wall style.