Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Structural HSS Dynamic Block?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Structural HSS Dynamic Block?

Steel Collection including HSS
    Attached Files Attached Files

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by casey.136990
    Steel Collection including HSS
    I notice the size of the file and am afraid to open. is this an old fashioned library type file, or one heckuva large Dynamic Block?
    Sometimes, i get lost in my own thoughts and need to ask directions to find my way back.
    S&D DB Sharing Forum

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Chris.N
    I notice the size of the file and am afraid to open. is this an old fashioned library type file, or one heckuva large Dynamic Block?

Sorry for the large size. ~IT IS SEVERAL BLOCKS IN ONE DRAWING.~ I suppose I need to seperate them and upload them individually. The blocks inside are labeled if anyone wants to know what they are.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by JR.SAMPLE
    Sorry for the large size. ~IT IS SEVERAL BLOCKS IN ONE DRAWING.~ I suppose I need to seperate them and upload them individually. The blocks inside are labeled if anyone wants to know what they are.
    the question i'm wanting an answer to is are they all "DYNAMIC"? i don't actually have a problem with the file size, i'm just curious as to the content.
    Sometimes, i get lost in my own thoughts and need to ask directions to find my way back.
    S&D DB Sharing Forum

In the hospital cuz of my fever for more cowbell
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Chris.N
    the question i'm wanting an answer to is are they all "DYNAMIC"? i don't actually have a problem with the file size, i'm just curious as to the content.
    Pretty cool, J.SAMPLE!

I see you've used a vis state with drawing objects inserted within and each of those drawing objects have some dynamic properties to them.

One thing to note, though .... HSS refers to "Hollow Structural Steel" or "Hollow Structural Section". This term generally refers to square or round sections of steel tubing. Steel joists are completely different animals altogether.

I realize it might be the semantics of terminology based on geographic location, but that's what I mean when I say HSS.

Now, as for your block ....

If you open the block and make it so that all objects are visible, the sheer number of drawings objects boggles the mind. Throw in the fact that there's no distinction between the different parameters and actions in each BLOCK (with 10 or 15 different vis states each and each vis state containing 5 or 6 actions) and it will get messy really quick if any changes are attempted.

I know other users out there have created Dynamic Joists in elevation - the best one was done, IMHO, by Rick.Moore and was posted on March 9th. He's even gone to the trouble of creating a PDF sheet that indicates how to use the block.

Now, for some, this might be an overly complex method for DB creation and it certainly might be beyond your grasp, in terms of time and involvement at this point, but it's certainly worth a look to learn the more advanced techniques of DB creation. If you take some time to look at it, you might come away with a couple of ideas on how to tighten your block up a bit.

I really LIKE the idea of the block. It looks like there was a lot of thought placed into creating it. But at the same time, I wonder if there might be a way to simplify it a bit. Remember, no block is ever truly perfect. There's always SOMETHING we can do to it to make it better.

Why, myself and Chris are STILL creating modifications and passing out NEW versions of blocks we did 2 years ago! Haha. And with so many people bringing in new ideas into the fold, the "final" block might never truly BE final, if you know what I mean.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Return of the Cowbell

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Thank you so much for this! Its perfect!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12