See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Demo the door but leave the opening

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Demo the door but leave the opening

Quote Originally Posted by linsky View Post
    Now, let's say I want to keep the infill wall (because I'm closing up the doorway), and I want to highlight the new piece of wall in an elevation. The filter settings in the elevation view display properties do not seem to give me any options that affect the display of the infill portion. Should I be looking somewhere else? Thanks!
    linsky,
    actually, you can filter in elevation. first pick your infill in plan and give it the parameter as described by "dduarte" (wall parameter). set up the filter in appropriate elevation. You'll be able to only filter in an override to projection/surface "patterns" (not "lines"...in my experience) to differentiate with rest of wall. it's not as strong as i would like but it does highlight that portion of wall.

Login to Give a bone

ok, check it out
    to see demo outline of infill walls in elevation: use the "unjoin geometry" in plan and you should see the outline in elevation & be able to edit the infill as in plan (add wall parameter etc.). then use the above mentioned method to give the demo'ed infill a surface pattern.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Well you kinda have to think of it as a computer... Well this person is "Demo'ing" this door, must mean that they are wanting to close the hole... I've always just placed Openings where the door was. But i do like your idea... i'm going to have to try it out!

Login to Give a bone

I like the filter idea, but it always makes me nervous on a large scale project it is open to being overlooked.

I am going to try placing a cased opening "door" family and a generic wall hosted family that includes our 2D door swing family only. Align the two and demo the generic family. It will show the door swing demolished when phase filter is set appropriately and the door opening family will schedule properly. This will not require creating the filter and making sure it is applied to every view type to ensure sections, interior elevations, 3d views are correct.

Thoughts?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12