Thread: Convert AutoCAD DWG file to G-Code

Login to Give a bone

Default Convert AutoCAD DWG file to G-Code

I am helping my friend with a project he is doing on a small shop cnc machine. We have designed the wheel in AutoCad2006 and then insert the file into his CNC on board software which is BobCad. What happens is the BobCad software converts the file to G-Code and after doing so the drawing is all distorted.

My question is what is the best way to convert the AutoCad file to G-Code ?

We are both taking our first autocad class (in our 40's) in an evening adult continuing education course. That is how I was introduced to The AUGI group. The teacher has attended some of the AUGI functions and recommended to us that we visit the website.

This was a beginning course that we are in and after taking this class we are now looking forward in continuing on with our AutoCAD development with the next level course.

Jr.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Convert AutoCAD DWG file to G-Code

It all depneds on the software creating the g-code. From my past experience we had to save the cad file to a *.dxf file to import into the software.

Login to Give a bone

Thanks for the quick response.

The file extension that we saved it to was .dxf

We tried several different times with the same file and during the conversion it nevers comes out 2 of the same.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by num1husker
    I am helping my friend with a project he is doing on a small shop cnc machine. We have designed the wheel in AutoCad2006 and then insert the file into his CNC on board software which is BobCad. What happens is the BobCad software converts the file to G-Code and after doing so the drawing is all distorted.

My question is what is the best way to convert the AutoCad file to G-Code ?

We are both taking our first autocad class (in our 40's) in an evening adult continuing education course. That is how I was introduced to The AUGI group. The teacher has attended some of the AUGI functions and recommended to us that we visit the website.

This was a beginning course that we are in and after taking this class we are now looking forward in continuing on with our AutoCAD development with the next level course.

Jr.

Have you tried to convert in 'step' -extension because is the best way for programming in CNC.