Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Intro

Default Intro

I've been lurking around here just picking up tips and tech for a while. I recently found the CWC forum and it is quite hilarious.

Since then my productivity has dropped a bit because I'm always checking back at CWC for more laughs! Do you people work or just post in there all day!?

Anyway, I've been around Autocad since the days of R12 and have done _ork for all kinds of firms. Currently I'm on '07 and _orking for a material handling company. Basically I'm a one man show for six different branches. Insanity I know. But I don't have to worry about other people screwing up my drawing standards!

Hopefully I can bring some tech and maybe a few laughs along the way.

Thanks for reading,
    SR

Default Re: Intro

Quote Originally Posted by smriley66
    I've been lurking around here just picking up tips and tech for a while. I recently found the CWC forum and it is quite hilarious.

Since then my productivity has dropped a bit because I'm always checking back at CWC for more laughs! Do you people work or just post in there all day!?

Anyway, I've been around Autocad since the days of R12 and have done _ork for all kinds of firms. Currently I'm on '07 and _orking for a material handling company. Basically I'm a one man show for six different branches. Insanity I know. But I don't have to worry about other people screwing up my drawing standards!

Thanks for reading,
    SR
    Yes

Welcome to AUGI (and you can use the word work in this forum )

If you haven't already, there is a post at the top of the forum linking you to some useful information.

Glad you aren't lurking anymore

I could stop if I wanted to Sammie's Avatar

Welcome!! Have fun in CWC but dont let it get in the way of the important stuff

Welcome aboard! I think some folks are lucky enough to have a job that allows them enough time to spend the day in CWC. I used to be in there all the time, but now have a job that limits my interaction in there. Have fun on the forums!
    Steve Bennett |BIM Manager
    Taylor Design | Adventures in BIM

Digital Delivery Director Brian Myers's Avatar

Welcome to AUGI! I've been a long time CWC regular myself, but like Steve my own time is getting fairly limited over the past few months (working in this industry keeps you hoping at times, doesn't it Mr. Bennett? I'm sure CADMama feels the same...).

Once again, welcome!

G'day from downunder and welcome to AUGI & the Forums. I have to admit it, I too have been a regular CWC participant (thankfully I have a nice boss... me!)
    Cheers @blads
    Mac Geek | Building Design Suite 2020 | Semi-Retired Building Designer / CAD-BIM Trainer | Autodesk Certified Professional

ACA/AMEP Community Chair stelthorst's Avatar

Thanks for reading,
    SR
    I thought I felt someone staring at me.

We don't mind people lurking around but I think you get more out of AUGI by participating. Hope to see more of you on the site.
    Scott Telthorst
    Quality Control Manager
    Helix Electric, Inc.
    www.helixelectric.com

Some see the glass as half full, others as half empty. As an engineer I see the glass as twice as big as it needs to be. ~Unknown~

Do you people work or just post in there all day!?
    Hi SR. Welcome.

I generally pop in here at lunch time and just about every evening.
    Over here (U.K.) too much worktime access is likely to get you fired.

Thanks for reading,
    SR
    work...?

work...?

eh. it happens.

Welcome aboard

Thumbs up Re: Intro

Thanks for reading,
    SR
    Welcome and well met SR. I see Brenda covered the useful stuff... don't get so caught up in the tips and tricks gleaned from the forums that you forget about the free training that is the ATP and online storage of past AU class handouts, or the wonderful publications that are AUGIWorld Magazine and Hotnews Monthly online, also worth mentioning the AUGI Annual Salary Survey (please enjoy and feel free to offer any feedback... AFTER reading the FAQ document posted.)

As the others have said... there is a lot going on, so pick what you like or what you do best and you will get much back from this community.
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

Archibus, FMS/FMInteract and AutoCAD Expert (I use BricsCAD, Revit, Tandem, and Planon, too)
    Technical Editor
    not all those who wander are lost

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast