Thread: AutoCAD 2005 ARX Errors - eDuplicate key - when opening AutoCAD 2007 DWG files

Login to Give a bone

Default AutoCAD 2005 ARX Errors - eDuplicate key - when opening AutoCAD 2007 DWG files

Lately, on some of my drawings when I copy clip autocad entities from one drawing to another, I get a pop up which reads ARX Error: eDuplicate key. I would need to keep holding down on the enter button for a while just to get that pop up to disappear.
    Other issues would be the Distance command would not function properly, that would give me a different error message. To accomodate for that, I could draw a line between the two points I want measured, then use the 'list' command. Or I can just go ahead and dimension it.
    I am assuming this might be an issue between Autocad 2007 saving down to previous versions?
    Currently I am using ACAD 2005. The drawings I receive, at least the ones I am having problems with, I am assuming are coming from ACAD 2007. One drawing is definitely coming from that version, while the other one I am only assuming.
    Although we have been having some server issues, this really only affects some of my drawings, so I think it is solely a CAD issue...any ideas?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: AutoCAD 2005 ARX Errors - eDuplicate key - when opening AutoCAD 2007 DWG files

Quote Originally Posted by wmazzabufi
    Lately, on some of my drawings when I copy clip autocad entities from one drawing to another, I get a pop up which reads ARX Error: eDuplicate key. I would need to keep holding down on the enter button for a while just to get that pop up to disappear.
    Other issues would be the Distance command would not function properly, that would give me a different error message. To accomodate for that, I could draw a line between the two points I want measured, then use the 'list' command. Or I can just go ahead and dimension it.
    I am assuming this might be an issue between Autocad 2007 saving down to previous versions?
    Currently I am using ACAD 2005. The drawings I receive, at least the ones I am having problems with, I am assuming are coming from ACAD 2007. One drawing is definitely coming from that version, while the other one I am only assuming.
    Although we have been having some server issues, this really only affects some of my drawings, so I think it is solely a CAD issue...any ideas?
    Hi,

Have a look at THIS THREAD and see if it helps. I'm not sure it will help with the distance command problem, but it might. Post back if it doesn't fix it.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: AutoCAD 2005 ARX Errors - eDuplicate key - when opening AutoCAD 2007 DWG files

Quote Originally Posted by wmazzabufi
    I believe and you had find this answer.
    However I can post it.

These ARX errors can occur when trying to open a DWG file containing new type of objects (objects coming from a newer version).
    If you are opening a .DWG file saved by AutoCAD 2007 family product (saved as 2004-format DWG) in AutoCAD 2006, 2005, or 2004 (or AutoCAD-based application), apply the appropriate AutoCAD 2007 AEC Object Enabler fix.

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Hi,

A fix we found was to go to menu; tools/options/Open/save/demand load objectarx apps:/ - pick "disable load on demand" and this stopped the error.

We did apply all adt object enablers, this did not cure the problem until we changed the switch above.

Login to Give a bone

Hi,
    i am having the same problem with copy/paste on drawings saved in 2007 when opened in LT 2006. I have installed the object enabler but i'm still having the problem- any suggestions?

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by derval.canny
    Hi,
    i am having the same problem with copy/paste on drawings saved in 2007 when opened in LT 2006. I have installed the object enabler but i'm still having the problem- any suggestions?
    Download the Hotfix for LT 2006 from Autodesk (link below) will fix the problem.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet...linkID=9240818