Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Viewport is view-locked. Switching to Paper space."

Login to Give a bone

Default "Viewport is view-locked. Switching to Paper space."

For some reason all drawings I create in ABS 2007 have an issue zooming or panning in and out of locked viewports. Any drawings my co-workers make do not have this problem. I've had to resort to using vpmax in order to get around this, but most MvParts and Devices/wiring don't like vpmax as the otracking gets buggy. Is there any way to fix this problem?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: "Viewport is view-locked. Switching to Paper space."

We are running ADT2007. Whenever I create a new VP the default is to lock the display. While in paperspace click then rclick on the vp box and in the menu look for Display Locked and switch it over to No. Then you will be able to zoom and pan thru window.
    I hope this helps.

Login to Give a bone

The whole point is to keep it locked so that you don't lose your scale and viewport placement. Unless there's a second setting I'm missing somewhere, in which case, could you please elaborate?

Login to Give a bone

Yes that is the purpose of keeping the display locked but there are times when it is necessary to pan or zoom (if you zoom be sure you are zooming to a scale factor) then when you are done go back and re-lock the display so that it will not change by mistake.

Login to Give a bone

Thomas,

Could please elaborate more on the "issue zooming or panning in and out of locked viewports" that your are experiencing.

Login to Give a bone

It spams the message in the title and freezes the drawing for ~30 seconds until I can pan/zoom again, at which point if I've panned or zoomed more than 1 'click' of the wheel, it will freeze for another ~30 seconds until all of the 'clicks' are through. Drawings my co-workers make do not have this issue. They use Defpoints, I use a layer called 'Viewport'.

Login to Give a bone

The layer shouldn't matter. If you can post one of the drawings I'll take a look at it.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by ordengate
    It spams the message in the title and freezes the drawing for ~30 seconds ....
    What message does it display?

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by ordengate
    It spams the message in the title and freezes the drawing for ~30 seconds until I can pan/zoom again, at which point if I've panned or zoomed more than 1 'click' of the wheel, it will freeze for another ~30 seconds until all of the 'clicks' are through. Drawings my co-workers make do not have this issue. They use Defpoints, I use a layer called 'Viewport'.
    First off, There's many a post (on the Adesk site) about issues with using Defpoints for anything but what they are ment for, ie Dimensions. I've run into a sim situation when I've had lots of viewports on a layout (more than 8, over 16 can cause real problems IMHO). How many viewports do you have in that file, and in each layout?
    Next question, are you on the same type of workstation as your co-workers? Do you have all service packs installed, are you using an Adesk approved video card?
    Last edited by david_peterson; 2007-03-21 at 04:31 PM.

Login to Give a bone

1. It spams the message "Viewport is view-locked. Switching to Paper space."

2. We're all using ABS 2007, all service packs are installed on my machine. The machine isn't the issue here, the drawing file itself is. A drawing my co-workers make on their machines will work perfectly fine on mine. A drawing created on my machine will not.

3. I don't usually have more than 4 or 5 viewports on a layout.

4. Tell that to everyone else about using (or not using rather) Defpoints and the layer 0.

5. Using an nVIDIA Quadro FX 500/600.

6. Can't post any drawings that I work on, however when I get a chance I'll make one up with random stuff that has the issue.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast