Thread: Did anyone else unexpectedly get bumped to Civil 3D a couple of years ago?

Login to Give a bone

Default Did anyone else unexpectedly get bumped to Civil 3D a couple of years ago?

Sorry if this isn't the appropriate forum, but I couldn't find a licensing forum....

Several years ago, the company that I work for upgraded from Land Desktop 2002 to Land Desktop 2004. Some months later, although we're not exactly sure when, either Autodesk or our dealer automatically "bumped" us to Civil 3D. Since this isn't something that we necessarily elected to do, we never renewed the C3D subscription - primarily because Civil 3D wasn't a usuable product back then. Now that we're ready to upgrade again (and voluntarily subscribe), we're being charged back subscription charges instead of the normal upgrade charges. For just a handful of licenses, the back subscription charges are adding several thousand dollars to our upgrade bill. Needless to say, that makes it a tougher sell to management.

Did anyone else out there have this happen to you?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Did anyone else unexpectedly get bumped to Civil 3D a couple of years ago?

I think you need an explanation on exacly what you are paying for, directly from your reseller.

This is what I think may be happening.

If you would have keep up with the subscription program, you would have recieved LDT Companion and C3D upgrades for no extra charge each year for each seat. There is no upgrade fees for LDT or C3D as long as you keep up on your subscription. Now they may be charging you for the back subscription fees now to get you back on board with the subscription program so you don't have to pay the total cost of all new program seats, plus the first year program subscriptions now. Which IMO would be very respectful of any reseller to do for your company.
    Last edited by bruce.adams; 2007-03-29 at 07:35 PM.