Thread: Lengthen Edit Dimension Dialog

Wish List Administration

Default Lengthen Edit Dimension Dialog

Summary: Lengthen Edit Dimension Dialog so that Variable names may be added without scrolling or resizing the dialog. Allowing the "Changed" size dialog to remain "Sticky" from session to Session is required.

Description: .ipt model sketch: edit dimension dialog window is too short for doing long calculations and reading what the dimension variable is in the window caption. The window currently has to be stretched to view this properly and does not retain it's length. My wish is to have a setting that will allow me to adjust the default window length for the edit dimension dialog window.

How Used: I would use this on a daily basis, it would help our productivity by freeing up time when engineering, I currently create some very complex models with lots of variables which need to be adjusted thoughout the day everytime I adjust a dimension with this dialog window I have to stretch the window way out to view the data. I estimate that to be roughly 500 or more times a day!

Feature Affinity: Sketching

Submitted By: Steven G Williams on April 23, 2009

Default Re: Lengthen Edit Dimension Dialog

I couldn't agree more about this one. This is a huge frustration when build parametric models.

I wouldn't limit this to just the edit dimension dialog box. Any drop down box that can accept numerical (or parameter based equations) should stretch accordingly.

Wish List Administration

Exclamation Re: Lengthen Edit Dimension Dialog

Lengthen Edit Dimension Dialog

Summary: Lengthen Edit Dimension Dialog so that Variable names may be added without scrolling or resizing the dialog. Allowing the "Changed" size dialog to remain "Sticky" from session to Session is required.

Description: .ipt model sketch: edit dimension dialog window is too short for doing long calculations and reading what the dimension variable is in the window caption. The window currently has to be stretched to view this properly and does not retain it's length. My wish is to have a setting that will allow me to adjust the default window length for the edit dimension dialog window.

Product and Feature: Inventor - Sketching

Submitted By: Steven G Williams on 04/23/2009

Wish List Administration

Lengthen Edit Dimension Dialog

Update: This has been addressed and implimented but the focus shows only the end of the text instead of focusing on the begining of the text. Thruthfully it would be nice to have this field autosize as information is typed into it so you can see the whole formula. It's very fustrating having to resize a box that should be large enough for a person to view its content.

Submitted By: sgwilliams on 04/23/2009

Wish List Administration

Model Sketch: Auto-Resize the Edit Sketch Dimension Dialog

Summary: Lengthen the Sketch Edit Dimension Dialog so it shows the entire contents of the dimension or formula as it is typed into the edit field. Sometimes when the dialog is opened it only shows the end of the contents string and the dialog box has to be resized. This is time consuming and adds far to many clicks and mouse movements throughout the day. This should be a simple thing to fix. If it was an auto-size dialog as you typed. The idea is to see the whole formula or number so you can be verified without having to manually resize the dialog box. A multiline edit box would be fine too just so we can see the entire contents as it is being typed.

Description: Lengthen the Sketch Edit Dimension Dialog so it shows the entire contents of the dimension or formula as it is typed into the edit field. Sometimes when the dialog is opened it only shows the end of the contents string and the dialog box has to be resized. This is time consuming and adds far to many clicks and mouse movements throughout the day. This should be a simple thing to fix. If it was an auto-size dialog as you typed. The idea is to see the whole formula or number so you can be verified without having to manually resize the dialog box. A multiline edit box would be fine too just so we can see the entire contents as it is being typed.

Submitted By: sgwilliams on 04/23/2009