See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Purge command reduces file size differently depending on which PC the command is run

Login to Give a bone

Question Purge command reduces file size differently depending on which PC the command is run

Hello all,

Here's the scenario. If I purge a drawing on my pc it reduces the file size by 2 MB. If I purge the same drawing on another PC it reduced ths file size by 8 MB. Is there some sort of variable that controls this? Why would one purge command be more powerful than the other? Any info would be appreciated.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Purge command reduces file size differently depending on which PC the command is run

Quote Originally Posted by akall
    Hello all,

Here's the scenario. If I purge a drawing on my pc it reduces the file size by 2 MB. If I purge the same drawing on another PC it reduced ths file size by 8 MB. Is there some sort of variable that controls this? Why would one purge command be more powerful than the other? Any info would be appreciated.
    The only thing that I can think of is that on the PC with smaller purge it did not have have the purge nested items box checked.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Purge command reduces file size differently depending on which PC the command is run

Quote Originally Posted by akall
    Hello all,

Is the same version of AutoCAD in two computers?

Login to Give a bone

Yes it is, both running 2006

Login to Give a bone

If you use the command line version via a button you may get different results as well. With the command line version you have the option to purge reg apps as well. Those can take up a lot of space in a dwg file. Just a thought.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by CADNate View Post
    The only thing that I can think of is that on the PC with smaller purge it did not have have the purge nested items box checked.
    Hello Friend

1, Using Purge, should be tick "AUTOMATICALLY PURGE ORPHANED DATA".
    or
    2, Use "WBLOCK" and select "ENTIRE DRAWING" and save
    or
    3, Save your CAD file AutoCAD 2004/LT 2004 Drawing (*.dwg)

Thank you
    JayharPurge.jpg

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhar View Post

1, Using Purge, should be tick "AUTOMATICALLY PURGE ORPHANED DATA".
    or

@Jayhar, you are replying to a thread that is 11 years old. The options you mention are not included in AutoCAD 2006, which is what the OP is using.
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |