Thread: AutoCAD 2005 "Hotfix cannot be applied" when trying to apply 2005 OE Hotfix

Login to Give a bone

Default AutoCAD 2005 "Hotfix cannot be applied" when trying to apply 2005 OE Hotfix

Some of the ACAD 2005 users here are having this error when trying to install the 2005OEHotfix. Any ideas?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: AutoCAD 2005 "Hotfix cannot be applied" when trying to apply 2005 OE Hotfix

Quote Originally Posted by mattj.120434
    Some of the ACAD 2005 users here are having this error when trying to install the 2005OEHotfix. Any ideas?
    I'm having no hits on that... is that the 'exact' error message they're getting? (like you saw it or they sent you a screenshot.

any information about whether these are network or standalone installs and their operating system might help, too.

thank you
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

Archibus, FMS/FMInteract and AutoCAD Expert (I use BricsCAD, Revit, Tandem, and Planon, too)
    Technical Editor
    not all those who wander are lost

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: AutoCAD 2005 "Hotfix cannot be applied" when trying to apply 2005 OE Hotfix

I've seen the message myself and took a screenshot of it as well (see attached image). We are all running standalone licenses and are all on Windows XP Pro SP2.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Certifiable AUGI Addict robert.1.hall72202's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Good luck. I have had issues installing hot fixes from AutoDesk and after
    a few hours I usually give up.

Did you have a prior version of AutoCad installed?

Login to Give a bone

No prior versions installed. I reinstalled AutoCAD and it worked. I just hope I don't have to do it too often.

Login to Give a bone

I'm having the same error message. I am using autoCAD 2006, (no previous versions installed). This particular drawing was from an outside source. Unfortunately I don't know what version the drawing was created in or saved down to...

I have downloaded the OEhotfix for 2004, 2005, and 2006. The 2004 and 2005 said they didn't work. There was no error message for the 2006. However, the hotfix didn't work. I am still getting the "ARX_ERROR: eNotThatKindOfClass" message.

Any ideas on how to fix it?

Login to Give a bone

Question Re: AutoCAD 2005 "Hotfix cannot be applied" when trying to apply 2005 OE Hotfix

Quote Originally Posted by lcalbery
    I'm having the same error message. I am using autoCAD 2006, (no previous versions installed). This particular drawing was from an outside source. Unfortunately I don't know what version the drawing was created in or saved down to...

I have downloaded the OEhotfix for 2004, 2005, and 2006. The 2004 and 2005 said they didn't work. There was no error message for the 2006. However, the hotfix didn't work. I am still getting the "ARX_ERROR: eNotThatKindOfClass" message.
    Hi

Did you apply the following Hotfix...

ID: DL7047371 - Hotfix - Autodesk 2006 OE

Have a good one, Mike

Login to Give a bone

Hi Mike,
    Yes that is the exact hotfix I applied. Could it be that my autocad was installed via download from another city (our head office)? If so, would IT from head office have to download the fix?

Thanks!

Login to Give a bone

Question Re: AutoCAD 2005 "Hotfix cannot be applied" when trying to apply 2005 OE Hotfix

Quote Originally Posted by lcalbery
    Yes that is the exact hotfix I applied. Could it be that my autocad was installed via download from another city (our head office)? If so, would IT from head office have to download the fix?
    Hi

As far as I am aware, it should not matter... but I guess anything is possible.

I wonder if the message "ARX_ERROR: eNotThatKindOfClass" could be appearing due to a *missing* Object Enabler...

Does the drawing file in question contain Proxy Graphics / Objects from a Autodesk vertical product?

Have a good one, Mike

Login to Give a bone

When the ARX_ERROR: eNotThatKindOfClass" appears here, I install the Hotfix as well as the Arch Desktop object enabler.