Thread: Corrugated Metal Culvert with End Sections - change pipe size causes problems

Login to Give a bone

Question Corrugated Metal Culvert with End Sections - change pipe size causes problems

Hello,

I have been working on this culvert some time now and need a little help. It is a corrugated metal culvert pipe with end sections. This one is for round pipe. I plan to add the arch culvert in a different block. This is used under many driveways and sometimes cross-road pipes here in Kansas. It works fine if you change the size in the correct order.

1. Insert on either your existing or proposed culvert layer.
    2. Use the look-up table to select the size (diameter) of the pipe you need.
    3. Use the grip to select the length of pipe needed (to the nearest 6").
    4. The "pay-length" dimension is information to the Engineer or designer and is on a no-plot layer. (On my other concrete pipes the pay length includes a portion of the end section so to be consistent I included the pay length on this one too.)

5. Problem - If you need to change the size of the pipe AFTER you have set the length it moves the end sections and leaves the length of pipe too long. I have tried to figure out a way to make the scaling base point always get updated with the stretch on the length but for some reason I am stuck. I guess I can always leave it this way and just let people know the order, but would prefer to be able to change any parameter in any order that the user wants.

I have chosen to scale the end section instead of having a lookup table for each dimension because of two reasons.
    1. When scaling the end section to the pipe diameter the resulting dimensions were so close to what the standard details call out that I did not think it was worth it to complicate it even more.
    2. I thought that trying to do stretches with the curved plines on the end section might distort it too much.

I am going to post two of my concrete pipes in the share forum for you to try.

Thanks in advance.

Daryl
    Attached Files Attached Files