See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: The ability to access more than one open drawing file from the Windows Taskbar

Login to Give a bone

Default The ability to access more than one open drawing file from the Windows Taskbar

This is a simple question, please forgive me if it has been asked already. I was just (forcibly) upgraded to a new PC and to version 2008 without a chance to migrate my settings, and the only thing I can't seem to set is this. In Ver 2007, if I had 2 or more drawings open at the same time, each had their own window that I could access from the Start Menu bar at the bottom of the page. In Ver 2008, I can't seem to get this to happen. If I want 2 drawings open, I have to minimize one to see the other. Anyone have any idea how to change this?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: The ability to access more than one open drawing file from the Windows Taskbar

Quote Originally Posted by cwmyers
    This is a simple question, please forgive me if it has been asked already. I was just (forcibly) upgraded to a new PC and to version 2008 without a chance to migrate my settings, and the only thing I can't seem to set is this. In Ver 2007, if I had 2 or more drawings open at the same time, each had their own window that I could access from the Start Menu bar at the bottom of the page. In Ver 2008, I can't seem to get this to happen. If I want 2 drawings open, I have to minimize one to see the other. Anyone have any idea how to change this?
    Hi,

I think you are looking for the TASKBAR command. Try setting it to 1.

HTH

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: The ability to access more than one open drawing file from the Windows Taskbar

Quote Originally Posted by timcreary
    Hi,

I think you are looking for the TASKBAR command. Try setting it to 1.

HTH
    That was it. As soon as I saw your reply, it hit me. Thanks for the help!

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by cwmyers
    That was it. As soon as I saw your reply, it hit me. Thanks for the help!
    You're welcome.

Login to Give a bone

Unhappy Re: The ability to access more than one open drawing file from the Windows Taskbar

As per the above person with the same problem, I've tried the TASKBAR command set it to 1 and 0 and it still opens up multiple drawings in separate windows. Any clues???

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by marcusnewport
    As per the above person with the same problem, I've tried the TASKBAR command set it to 1 and 0 and it still opens up multiple drawings in separate windows. Any clues???
    Hi, and welcome to AUGI!

How are you opening your drawings? Through double clicking in MS Explorer, or through the File/Open interface?

If the prior, THIS THREAD and related links may help.

Login to Give a bone

Markus,

Set SDI to 0 .

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by marcusnewport

This actually a completely different question from the original (but,curiously, this is the 4th time it's been asked this week)

Try here.
    Last edited by jaberwok; 2007-08-04 at 11:47 AM.

Login to Give a bone

Thank you thread really helped!!