Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SHX fonts show up hollow in AutoCAD 2008

Login to Give a bone

Default SHX fonts show up hollow in AutoCAD 2008

A lot of my fonts are not showing up filled since i upgraded to 2008. They all worked fine in 2007. It's not the textfill variable for true type fonts. I'm talking about shx fonts like romand. I also use the sas... fonts that are the shx versions of SanSerif fonts. I have a crumby workaround for that, use the truetype font instead, but it sucks having to update all of my old text styles on all my current project in every dwg file. If this is my only option, is there a ttf equivalent to romand.shx? Or is there something else that is simple to make these fonts filled? I have ongoing emails with an AutoDesk tech support person, but, well, let's just say that's not going anywhere.

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: SHX fonts show up hollow in AutoCAD 2008

Quote Originally Posted by tom.petray
    A lot of my fonts are not showing up filled since i upgraded to 2008. They all worked fine in 2007. It's not the textfill variable for true type fonts. I'm talking about shx fonts like romand. I also use the sas... fonts that are the shx versions of SanSerif fonts. I have a crumby workaround for that, use the truetype font instead, but it sucks having to update all of my old text styles on all my current project in every dwg file. If this is my only option, is there a ttf equivalent to romand.shx? Or is there something else that is simple to make these fonts filled? I have ongoing emails with an AutoDesk tech support person, but, well, let's just say that's not going anywhere.
    Are the drawings converted from another program? I only ask that because of this thread.

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Also this may be worth a look ID: TS67801

Login to Give a bone

Nope, not from another software, just autocad files. If I open the drawing in 2007 the fonts look correct (solid fill). If I open in 2008 the fonts are wrong (not filled). I've checked the paths, and it is using the exact same shx file, just displaying and plotting it different.

Login to Give a bone

Thanks again Steve, but unfortunately it is none of those variables? I attached one of the fonts so that if anyone has 2008 and 2007 on their machine can check to see if they have the same problem.
    Attached Files Attached Files

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Thanks again Steve, but unfortunately it is none of those variables? I attached one of the fonts so that if anyone has 2008 and 2007 on their machine can check to see if they have the same problem.
    I'll take a look when i get back to work tomorrow, I can't imagine how annoying it must be for you

Login to Give a bone

Thumbs up Re: SHX fonts show up hollow in AutoCAD 2008

I had a similar problem with solid fills. My polylines plotted as outlines, regardless or fillmode variable setting. Through Autodesk's knowledgebase I was able to isolate my problem to a property of the paperspace viewport itself. Go to the paperspace layout in question, select the mis-behaving viewport (just select the viewport, it's grips should appear, remain in paperspace), then pull up the properties palette. Near the bottom you will see "Shade Plot". If this property is set to "Hidden" all of your fills will print as outlines only, regardless of system variable settings. You will have to correct this property for each offending viewport.

Hope this helps.

Of course this is for the plotted result. Are your problems also associated with the on-screen display?
    Last edited by madmtnmummey; 2007-04-12 at 05:34 PM.

Login to Give a bone

Not the shadeplot thing either. I just realized that romand is a bad example because it is already hollow so I attached another one, so if anyone has ACAD 2007 and 2008 take a look at this font in both versions, and see if you see a difference.
    Attached Files Attached Files

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Not the shadeplot thing either. I just realized that romand is a bad example because it is already hollow so I attached another one, so if anyone has ACAD 2007 and 2008 take a look at this font in both versions, and see if you see a difference.
    Yeah I thought that at the time but I got your point.

I can't seem to get the same results as you, on my 2008 the fonts show solid as they did in 2007 and other previous releases. So I'm a little .

What is your comp spec (in particular your graphics card and driver) ?
    Any third party software loaded?

Login to Give a bone

Not sure if it applys in 2008, but in 2005 check to make sure your display is 2D wireframe and not 3D wireframe, that will cause it too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast