Thread: duplicate views for addendums?

All AUGI, all the time Justin Marchiel's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default duplicate views for addendums?

When we have an addendum we typically issue it on a 8.5x11. If the change is on a floor plan, i can make a call out, or duplicate the view with detailing to get the view to add to the sheet. But as you can see the problem lies with the detailing. Once the view is duplicated the detail information is no longer current with the parent view.

Example, we have a detail section of a dump waiter that was added by addendum. We created the view added it to a 8.5 sheet and sent out the addendum. Now it needs to go on the project sheets. I can't put the same view on 2 sheets, but the section contains some detail items that won'y be copied, or if they do, and there are changes made down the road, the views could be different.

I guess i am just looking for how everyone else handles addendum and same views on muliple sheets. a little long winded, but hopefully i got my point across.

Thanks

Justin

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: duplicate views for addendums?

You might check:
    http://forums.augi.com/showthread.ph...light=addendum

There isn't a perefct way to do it right now. I prefer to export the area to PDF and add in a watermark titleblock in Acrobat.

Login to Give a bone

I am working on a solution (work around) right now. I have created a symbol with a filled region with a whole in it. My addendum sheet (8 1/2"x11") is also in the symbol family. I place the symbol on the sheet which is referencing the plan change and make a pdf print of the sheet. All that prints is the addendum sheet with the plan change on it. The downside is that the pdf is the only copy you have of it, as you delete the symbol after you print.

I think the next Revit version might have a better way to do this, from what I've read.

Login to Give a bone

In RAC 2008, the best option will be to duplicate as dependent view, crop and place on an appropriate addendum border. You can duplicate as dependent all views except detail views, draftng, legends and schedules.

Login to Give a bone

So how do we issue addendum sketches of detail views?

Mark.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Mark.vB
    So how do we issue addendum sketches of detail views?

Mark.
    Group the detail. (call it "addemdum detail xxx") Paste the detail in another view. the original view stays on the main sheet. The new grouped detail goes on a small addendum sheet. Since the two are grouped - they will stay coordinated.

Login to Give a bone

Thanks Aaron that seems to work.

The issue I guess is to make sure you only group the items you want to show up, and to insert the group into a duplicated floor plan so that you can crop what you need as some detail lines are too long and run through the title block.

We also found that if you group the whole drafting view (in our case a schedule created with drafting lines and text) then crop only what you want, the text in the group doesn't get cropped and appears outside the crop (bug in Revit??)

I think AutoDesk needs to address this issue of issuing sketch sheets for future releases.

Mark.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Mark.vB
    Thanks Aaron that seems to work.

The issue I guess is to make sure you only group the items you want to show up, and to insert the group into a duplicated floor plan so that you can crop what you need as some detail lines are too long and run through the title block.

We also found that if you group the whole drafting view (in our case a schedule created with drafting lines and text) then crop only what you want, the text in the group doesn't get cropped and appears outside the crop (bug in Revit??)

I think AutoDesk needs to address this issue of issuing sketch sheets for future releases.

Mark.
    The dependent view feature addresses your floor plan issue. I would not use the technique I mention for floor plan addendum. Only details.

I think the second items is related, but would need to see an example.