Thread: RA 2008 File Link to Max - propagate to instances command not working

All AUGI, all the time Arnel Aguel's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default RA 2008 File Link to Max - propagate to instances command not working

I have tested Revit 2008 and use file link to max but strange enough propagate to instances command in max doesn't work for 2008 file and I did another test using Revit 9 file link to max then max propagate to instances command just work fine as it should be. This one tool in max is very very useful if you are dealing with revit file with millions of object.

Anyone else experiencing this?

TIA

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: RA 2008 File Link to Max - propagate to instances command not working

There is a file linking issue with MAX 9 (i assume that is the versio you're working with). Please ensure you have installed SP1 for MAX.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet...linkID=9241177
    Steve Bennett |BIM Manager
    Taylor Design | Adventures in BIM

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: RA 2008 File Link to Max - propagate to instances command not working

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_Bennett
    There is a file linking issue with MAX 9 (i assume that is the versio you're working with). Please ensure you have installed SP1 for MAX.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet...linkID=9241177
    Thanks Steve for the information yes I'm using max 9 however i'm not sure if this issue has something to do with max 9 sp1 because I tried to file link a 3d dwg file from revit 9 to max 9 and the propagate to instances just work find. My guess is that this has something to do with revit 2008 dwg file.

I hope somebody can confirm this or maybe I'm the only one having this issue?

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Arnel Aguel
    Thanks Steve for the information yes I'm using max 9 however i'm not sure if this issue has something to do with max 9 sp1 because I tried to file link a 3d dwg file from revit 9 to max 9 and the propagate to instances just work find. My guess is that this has something to do with revit 2008 dwg file.

I hope somebody can confirm this or maybe I'm the only one having this issue?
    If you are on subscription, there is a download available from the subscription site too which I recommend you download as well. It was due to be posted on April 30, so it may not be there, but worth a shot.
    Steve Bennett |BIM Manager
    Taylor Design | Adventures in BIM

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_Bennett
    If you are on subscription, there is a download available from the subscription site too which I recommend you download as well. It was due to be posted on April 30, so it may not be there, but worth a shot.
    Thanks Steve I'll give it a shot.

I could stop if I wanted to dellis's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

I don;t have Revit here but the productivity booster extension is supposed to take care of linking between programs. Let us know how it goes!!

Login to Give a bone

Further Testing confirmed that RA2008 3d dwg export will not activate the "propagate material to instances" if the dwg is exported as ACIS solid from Revit rather than polymesh. Polymesh works just fine but I'm just following autodesk recommendation to use ACIS solid rather the polymesh.

Any further thoughs? TIA