Thread: Linetypes scale correctly in all viewports as well as in Model Space?

Login to Give a bone

Default Linetypes scale correctly in all viewports as well as in Model Space?

Is it possible to make your linetypes scale correctly in all viewports as well as in Model Space?

All AUGI, all the time TerribleTim's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Linetypes scale correctly in all viewports as well as in Model Space?

Yes, and no. You either go the route of setting psltscale to 0 and chaging individual lines to the intended plotteed scale (the way I was doing it) or you set psltscale to 1 and leave the lines alone. If you go with option two, they look funky in model space. If you go with option one, they look good in model space, but it is a total pain in the butt when you deal with x-refs a lot. Isn't CAD fun!

All AUGI, all the time CADDmanVA's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Linetypes scale correctly in all viewports as well as in Model Space?

Quote Originally Posted by TeriblTim
    Yes, and no. You either go the route of setting psltscale to 0 and chaging individual lines to the intended plotteed scale (the way I was doing it) or you set psltscale to 1 and leave the lines alone. If you go with option two, they look funky in model space. If you go with option one, they look good in model space, but it is a total pain in the butt when you deal with x-refs a lot. Isn't CAD fun!
    Here here!!! I feel your pain. My solution is changing the ltscale from 1 to 150 each time I switch, it's a real pain. I think Annotative Scales are the answer though. Just thing, a dynamic ltscale which you adjust once, and ACAD is smart enough to adjust the multiplier to attain the best visibility! After that, I really don't think any of my pet-peeves from the past 10+ years will be left!

Oh, to get back on topic now... I don't know of any way to adjust the ltscale across multiple viewports. If you're as anal as I am you could have layers for each scale you are using, then change the celtscale variable for the duplicate objects on the layer. Add a little by-viewport freezing, and poof! Your result. Painful, I know, but great CAD masters lead tough lives

Login to Give a bone

You may be able to do something with lisp and reactors. Have a look at THIS THREAD and see if it helps you out. And don't be afraid to ask questions in the lisp forum; there are a lot of experienced people that can help you out.