Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ABS 2007 - Can Dynamic Blocks use fields and link to Project Navigator project data?

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default ABS 2007 - Can Dynamic Blocks use fields and link to Project Navigator project data?

Can Dynamic Blocks use fields and link to Project Navigator project data?

I have created a great looking sheet title dynamic block and would like to have the title & number use fields to get thier information.
    Last edited by trythefly; 2007-04-23 at 07:52 PM.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: ABS 2007 - Can Dynamic Blocks use fields and link to Project Navigator project data?

Quote Originally Posted by trythefly
    Can Dynamic Blocks not use fields and link to Project Navigator project data?

I have created a great looking sheet title dynamic block and would like to have the title & number use fields to get thier information.
    i don't know if i'm wrong to be confused or not, but it appears you're asking/wondering about opposites of the same issue here...
    Sometimes, i get lost in my own thoughts and need to ask directions to find my way back.
    S&D DB Sharing Forum

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: ABS 2007 - Can Dynamic Blocks use fields and link to Project Navigator project data?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris.N
    i don't know if i'm wrong to be confused or not, but it appears you're asking/wondering about opposites of the same issue here...
    I meant to take "not" out of the question before posting. Sorry about that!

Login to Give a bone

I meant to take "not" out of the question before posting. Sorry about that!
    and if you also meant to replace "project navigator" with Sheet Set Manager, then the answer is 'yes'. i do that in our office. i'd post it, but the dsd is mostly custom and not for posting. (you'd just get a bunch of "#######" in the field entries)
    Sometimes, i get lost in my own thoughts and need to ask directions to find my way back.
    S&D DB Sharing Forum

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

and if you also meant to replace "project navigator" with Sheet Set Manager, then the answer is 'yes'. i do that in our office. i'd post it, but the dsd is mostly custom and not for posting. (you'd just get a bunch of "#######" in the field entries)
    Yes I am refering to the Sheet Set data inside the Project Navigator. The way you get to it (PN or SSN) doesnt matter.

When I put the SHEETTITLE field in the block all I get is the name of the field.

Can you tell me how to use fields in dynamic blocks?

Login to Give a bone

Yes I am refering to the Sheet Set data inside the Project Navigator. The way you get to it (PN or SSN) doesnt matter.

When I put the SHEETTITLE field in the block all I get is the name of the field.

Can you tell me how to use fields in dynamic blocks?
    it's the same as regular blocks. have you searched for current or archived ATP's on this subject?
    S&D DB Sharing Forum

In the hospital cuz of my fever for more cowbell
    Login to Give a bone

it's the same as regular blocks. have you searched for current or archived ATP's on this subject?
    I love using BATTMAN in Dynamic Blocks .... makes me feel like a superhero ...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Return of the Cowbell

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Rico
    I love using BATTMAN in Dynamic Blocks .... makes me feel like a superhero ...
    recently heard of a situation where this didn't work, so always remember that ATTSYNC works to do the same as well
    S&D DB Sharing Forum

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

I had to put the creation of this dynamic block on hold.

I still cannot get fields to work in dynamic blocks.

Login to Give a bone

I had to put the creation of this dynamic block on hold.

I still cannot get fields to work in dynamic blocks.
    what software are you using? "Project Navigator" is a term unfamiliar w/ me. is it an ADT term?
    S&D DB Sharing Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast