See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: ADT 2006 - Up arrow key does not always repeat the last commands used

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default ADT 2006 - Up arrow key does not always repeat the last commands used

I have noticed when switching from ADT 3.3 (acad2002) to ADT 2006(acad2006), last year, when I press the up arrow to repeat a command (like a DOS key) it doesn't work all the time. If it is a command the function works fine but if it is a unit it doesn't.

For instance I used to type move, select objects, then select base point and when it would ask for the displacement I could type 13'4-3/8" and it would move 13'-4 3/8". Then if I wanted to do it again I could follow the process again and when it came time to enter the displacement I could use the up arrow and it would bring up the previous distance used. Now when I do this it gives me x/y coordinates. Is there a system variable or setting that allows me to set it to work the way I was used to having it work?

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: ADT 2006 - Up arrow key does not always repeat the last commands used

Quote Originally Posted by StephenJ
    I have noticed when switching from ADT 3.3 (acad2002) to ADT 2006(acad2006), last year, when I press the up arrow to repeat a command (like a DOS key) it doesn't work all the time. If it is a command the function works fine but if it is a unit it doesn't.

For instance I used to type move, select objects, then select base point and when it would ask for the displacement I could type 13'4-3/8" and it would move 13'-4 3/8". Then if I wanted to do it again I could follow the process again and when it came time to enter the displacement I could use the up arrow and it would bring up the previous distance used. Now when I do this it gives me x/y coordinates. Is there a system variable or setting that allows me to set it to work the way I was used to having it work?
    If you right click on DYN at the bottom of the screen (where it says sanap, grid, ortho, polar etc) and click on settings, then click on the pointer input settings and choose relative coordinates instead of absolute. Does this do anything for you?

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: ADT 2006 - Up arrow key does not always repeat the last commands used

Quote Originally Posted by Steve.Sanderson(UK)
    If you right click on DYN at the bottom of the screen (where it says sanap, grid, ortho, polar etc) and click on settings, then click on the pointer input settings and choose relative coordinates instead of absolute. Does this do anything for you?
    I just tried all the settings under the Dynamic Input tab and it still behaves the same way.

Login to Give a bone

I just tried all the settings under the Dynamic Input tab and it still behaves the same way.
    What is INPUTHISTORYMODE set to?

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by timcreary
    I just noticed this post. The variable is 15. I have tried every combonation available and still get coordinates and not the previous numerical value. The <up arrow> works with a empty command prompt. It will bring up the command history but not the numerical history entered during the displacement option of a command.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by timcreary
    I just noticed this post. The variable is 15. I have tried every combonation available and still get coordinates and not the previous numerical value. The <up arrow> works with a empty command prompt. It will bring up the command history but not the numerical history entered during the displacement option of a command.
    After trying from 1-15 someone suggested trying 0 and that did the trick. Now I am a happy cadder again.

Login to Give a bone

I noticed the same thing when I went to 2007 a year ago! I just got used to not having it. Thanks for figuring it out!

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Today, 7 years later than the original post, I ran into the same issue and couldn't remember the command. I did a google search and this post came up. Thanks AUGI for keeping your history.

Stephen J