Thread: CAD Standards Checker - Unhandled exception has occurred...

Login to Give a bone

Talking RE: CAD Standards Checker - blocks

So I have a similar question envolving the CAD standards checker. I am creating one as we speak for a large project, I have loaded MANY X-refs and Layers and blocks etc... Now when I try and open my layer properties manager I get a note that pops up and says "Unhandled exception has occurred in a component in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to coninue."
    If I click continue all of my layers dont show up, its just a blank layers properties box, and if I try and scroll down through my many layers (that are not showing up) the error box pops up again!! Any helpfull hints out there? What can I do to make it so I can see, and manipulate my layers again?? Any help would be nice!!

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: CAD Standards Checker - Unhandled exception has occurred...

Quote Originally Posted by hemmett
    So I have a similar question envolving the CAD standards checker. I am creating one as we speak for a large project, I have loaded MANY X-refs and Layers and blocks etc... Now when I try and open my layer properties manager I get a note that pops up and says "Unhandled exception has occurred in a component in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to coninue."
    If I click continue all of my layers dont show up, its just a blank layers properties box, and if I try and scroll down through my many layers (that are not showing up) the error box pops up again!! Any helpfull hints out there? What can I do to make it so I can see, and manipulate my layers again?? Any help would be nice!!
    You may try running AUDIT and / or RECOVER on the files. I'm not saying that will solve it, but it may show some corruption in your drawings.
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

Yah ok I just ran both of those commands and it said it found and fixed 24 issues but still no luck on my layers showing up again this didnt happen until i started loading in all of my blocks... I dont know what to make fo that though.

Login to Give a bone

Ok fixed it. All it required was a reboot to get the memory back in line etc... too many programs open and memory spread too thin makes this happen. So rebooting was the cure for me