See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AutoCAD 20007 - Override Excel font when importing into an AutoCAD Table

Login to Give a bone

Default AutoCAD 20007 - Override Excel font when importing into an AutoCAD Table

Is there a way to override the font extracted from an excel file to a acad table without having to go into every cell in a table to do it? I have tried the filter and qselect options however the font is embedded in the mtext inside the table. We are using acad r2007.

Thx,
    Mike

Certifiable AUGI Addict ccowgill's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: AutoCAD 20007 - Override Excel font when importing into an AutoCAD Table

I dont know of an easy way to do so, unless someone has figured out a way to do it using lisp or vba.

All AUGI, all the time CADDmanVA's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: AutoCAD 20007 - Override Excel font when importing into an AutoCAD Table

Not in 2007. The new data linking feature in 08 fixed that problem. The best suggestion I have is use your CADD Standard font in Excel before you import. Like Chris said, you may have luck with LISP routine if you can find one. Try begging the LISP gurus in the forums...it's worked for me before .

Login to Give a bone

Hi

See if the following will work for you...

ID: TS1064307 - Formatting of inserted Excel table is not as expected

Have a good one, Mike

Login to Give a bone

Thank you very much TS1064307 fixed the problem.....

Mike

Certifiable AUGI Addict ccowgill's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

I finally got around to creating a lisp routine for this problem, it only takes care of text style at this point, I suppose the next part to look at is text height, but I dont know if that is really an issue.

This is where you can get the lisp routine

All AUGI, all the time Capt. Computer Crasher's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by mikesal
    Is there a way to override the font extracted from an excel file to a acad table without having to go into every cell in a table to do it? I have tried the filter and qselect options however the font is embedded in the mtext inside the table. We are using acad r2007.

Thx,
    Mike

You can change the table style or you can edit more than one cell at a time by using the control and shift keys

All AUGI, all the time Capt. Computer Crasher's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by mikesal View Post

Thx,
    Mike
    Something else if you right-click your table after paste special hit remove all overrides then adjust the table style. if the table style you want is already assigned switch to another then switch back to your chosen style.

Login to Give a bone

Smile Re: AutoCAD 20007 - Override Excel font when importing into an AutoCAD Table

Thank ccowgill so much for writing that lisp. I wish I knew more about it.

I used it for stripping my tables for my datalinks and it worked great. Now I have to figure out how to modify the code so it changes the text height based on dimscale.

Thanks!

---Adam

Login to Give a bone

ccowgill your table stripping lisp works great except it doesn't revert the color overrides back to the table entity default color.

Thanks,
    Sean
    ACAD C3D 2010/Windows XP/Windows 7

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast