Thread: Internal Error: GEDIT 3

Login to Give a bone

Default Internal Error: GEDIT 3

Has anyone encountered this error with Acad LT? It shuts down the dwg, but fortunately prompts the user to save changes and recover later.

Thanks!

JEFF

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Internal Error: GEDIT 3

Login to Give a bone

Hi Jeff

Please note I've *moved* this Topic (Thread) from the CAD Mgmt General Forum to this one as I feel this particular Forum is a more appropriate place for such Topics (Threads).

Thanks, Mike

Forum Moderator

Login to Give a bone

Unhappy Re: Internal Error: GEDIT 3

So what is the fix? It just said to finish a zoom command before attempting another zoom command. I use the mouse so it has to be some sort of code error wouldn't it? Never had this problem with it before.

So glad to know that I'm not the only one having this though.

Here is an updated link to what I found....
    http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet...linkID=9240617

Login to Give a bone

Angry Re: Internal Error: GEDIT 3

I am having this same problem on two different computers in the office. I tried installing the Service Pack 1 for ACAD LT 2008, but that did not remedy the situation.

The only time that I do not get this error is if I disconnect from the company network, which is not a viable option as that is where all the drawing files are located.

One computer is running Windows 2000 Professional, and the other is running Windows XP Professional.

I have searched all over the internet for a solution, but have come up empty.

If anyone has a solution to this problem, please share!

Thanks,

Login to Give a bone

I tend to use the scroll ring on my Kensington Expert Mouse for zooming and find that if I zoom too fast the display becomes 'pixellated' as if looking at an enlargement of a bitmap, or I get multiple 'ghosts' of the crosshairs. This is usually when I am moving or copying objects and seems to be worse if a hatch is involved. If I close the drawing, saving the changes and than re-open it the drawing is fine, but this can happen frequently and is obviously a pain and waste of time.
    Sometimes I get a crash such as you describe, but more often an Unhandled Access Exception or simply a freeze - occasionally without the option to save and recover. I have SP1 installed but this has made no difference. I have tried installing a workstation grade graphics card (nVidia FX1500 256MB) instead of the onboard Intel graphics with no improvement.
    I fear it is the program - AutoCRUD 2008 (LT) is the worst release I have worked with in terms of stability.

Login to Give a bone

Hi Jeff,

I fixed it several years ago but a system crash and burn down, took care of the fix. Seemed it was a bug, that one of my many scanners found, but that didn't fix it this time around.

So I'm looking again .. I think it's related to a bug that crashed Acad .. doesn't matter which version, I've seen complaints up to 2012 .. Any help is appreciated. My workaround is frequent saves, the one time I forget it crashes.

I tried NanoCAD - free seamless to ACAD good stuff & DraftSight .. kinda free.

Login to Give a bone

So Jeff .. did you give up or found a solution?

TIA .. Monkey2