Thread: Can you archive project data from Vault?

Login to Give a bone

Default Can you archive project data from Vault?

Can any one using Vault tell me how you archive your project data? If so how are you doing it? Also for any one using the MSDE vs SQL how are you backing up data?

Lastly any one experiencing slowness reported by end users? During check-in/check-out??

Manufacturing Moderator jonathan.landeros's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Can you archive project data from Vault?

Quote Originally Posted by clark.fillinger
    Can any one using Vault tell me how you archive your project data? If so how are you doing it? Also for any one using the MSDE vs SQL how are you backing up data?

Lastly any one experiencing slowness reported by end users? During check-in/check-out??
    The best way to archive your product data is to use a backup script. There are some instructions under 'Backup a Vault' in the ADMS Console help system. I have an example at home, (I'd have to post it later, I don't have it RIGHT here). It's also only for Vault 2008 (there are some differences between the two).

In short, it backs up both the database and filestore, so they stay in sync correctly. This should work for both MSDE and SQL.

As for slowness, I've noticed that Vault does seem a little slower when you're acessing the Vault, but not brutally so. Is the network possibly a little slow, I could see that causing a problem.
    Jonathan Landeros
    KETIV Technologies
    Orange County, California.

I've got a blog: www.inventor-tales.blogspot.com

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction.Next stop, Looneyville.” -Bob the Skull in the Dresden Files