See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Record AutoCAD Command Line entries

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Record AutoCAD Command Line entries

I know I saw this a while back, but can't seem to find it again.

I'm looking to automate some of my drawing prep. I've been simply writing down my commands on paper. I've seen a program that will record your AutoCAD command prompt entries in macro/script format (I.E. you enter, Xref - then select all of the listed xrefs - then hit the UNLOAD button; and this program would record ^C^C-xref;unload;*; {or something to that effect})

Does anyone know of a program like this?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Record AutoCAD Command Line entries

Quote Originally Posted by ahefner
    I know I saw this a while back, but can't seem to find it again.

I'm looking to automate some of my drawing prep. I've been simply writing down my commands on paper. I've seen a program that will record your AutoCAD command prompt entries in macro/script format (I.E. you enter, Xref - then select all of the listed xrefs - then hit the UNLOAD button; and this program would record ^C^C-xref;unload;*; {or something to that effect})

Does anyone know of a program like this?
    Hit F2, highlight the text, copy, and paste to your favorite word processor. It that what you're looking for?

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Well that's kind of what I've been doing, but I'm up to at least 50 commands in this automation sequence, so if there's a program out there that will already get it into the correct format then that'll save me a lot of time.

Using the F2 function doesn't really directly translate into macro/script format when I copy and paste, so if there is a program out there that can translate the command prompt without any extra (or at least very little) user input then that would really help.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by ahefner
    Well that's kind of what I've been doing, but I'm up to at least 50 commands in this automation sequence, so if there's a program out there that will already get it into the correct format then that'll save me a lot of time.

Using the F2 function doesn't really directly translate into macro/script format when I copy and paste, so if there is a program out there that can translate the command prompt without any extra (or at least very little) user input then that would really help.
    Set LOGFILEMODE to 1
    You'll have to find where it is saving log files and/or change the location under Options.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

LOGFILEPATH will change it's locaiton

Thanks a million for the input.

Login to Give a bone

I was recently looking for this exact same thing. The logfile is nice, but still requires some tedious work to make it into a script (though not as tedious as creating the script from scratch). I've created a small program however to automate that process. It's not perfect, but it'll do nearly all that work for you. I've attached it here for anyone's use. If you happen to use it please let me know what you think and what I should do to improve it. Also let me know if you come up with a better explanation to put in the help section.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by darrel.belvin; 2015-12-08 at 05:14 PM.

Login to Give a bone

In recent releases (more recent than those available when this thread was started in 2007), you may also want to look into the macro recorder.