Thread: More Leaders ....Text this time

Login to Give a bone

Default More Leaders ....Text this time

In our company all text must be left justified, (it is frustrating but it would take an act of congress to change). We are learning AutoCAD 2007 and I want to have the leader text be left justified but I am running into a few problems. First, when I select, "Always Left Justify", the box that I would check to, "Prompt for Width" is grayed out as shown below. Is there a way I can set the width and still have it left justified? The work around is to hit return after each line but that limits mtext. Also if I do set the leader to always use left justified text, (and get multiple lines by hitting the return key), but find I have to move a leader from left to right the text becomes right justified. I have noticed this problem in previous versions of AutoCAD but I hoped if would be fixed.
    Just to clarify, this is about the Leader Settings Dialog that works with the command QLEADER not LEADER.

Certifiable AUGI Addict ccowgill's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: More Leaders ....Text this time

Quote Originally Posted by gordon.hayner
    In our company all text must be left justified, (it is frustrating but it would take an act of congress to change). We are learning AutoCAD 2007 and I want to have the leader text be left justified but I am running into a few problems. First, when I select, "Always Left Justify", the box that I would check to, "Prompt for Width" is grayed out as shown below. Is there a way I can set the width and still have it left justified? The work around is to hit return after each line but that limits mtext. Also if I do set the leader to always use left justified text, (and get multiple lines by hitting the return key), but find I have to move a leader from left to right the text becomes right justified. I have noticed this problem in previous versions of AutoCAD but I hoped if would be fixed.
    Just to clarify, this is about the Leader Settings Dialog that works with the command QLEADER not LEADER.
    have you tried looking at using an mleader instead of qleader?