See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Stair top tread

Login to Give a bone

Default Stair top tread

I'm having trouble trying to get a stair to work the way I want to. It seems Revit always includes a tread at the level of the top floor. Is it possible to omit this top tread of the stair and make it show so that the floor or slab of the upper level is in effect the top tread? I realise you could probably fudge this somehow, but the floor plan view also shows this top tread and the up arrow going to the back of this tread. This is not the convention here in Australia - the arrow would finish on the last riser or face edge of the upper floor. It's confusing because in plan it makes it look like you have one more riser than you actually do. Maybe the way it displays is the convention in other countries. But surely there is a way around this for those of us where this is otherwise?

I'm just starting on Revit (but coming from a long background in ArchiCAD) - so maybe I'm missing something. Anyone please help me?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Stair top tread

Not sure whether this is the correct way to get round this, but I have found it works.

If you minus the stair riser height off the top level, you remove the top tread and riser and this makes to stair look like they would build it on site.

So if your floor to floor height is 2500 and your riser height is 179. Enter -179 as your top offset in the stair properties.

Hope this works for you.

All AUGI, all the time tc3dcad60731's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

There is an option under the stairs properties that you can mark to always start with riser and likewise end with riser. Uncheck the end with riser and I believe it will net you the result you are looking for.

Login to Give a bone

Thanks for your replies guys.

Thomas, I found I couldn't get this to work with a monolithic stair. And I tried what you did a.bayliss, which did work.

But what I ended up doing is: as you draw the run, just stop one tread short, so that Revits's feedback says "X risers created, one remaining". This seemed to work fairly easily with no problems.

All AUGI, all the time tc3dcad60731's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Yes, I have had to leave them one short before also. Typically though the unchecking of the end with rise will work in 9 of 10 cases. Guess yours was the tenth