Thread: ADT 2007 object display disappears in plan view

Login to Give a bone

Question ADT 2007 object display disappears in plan view

1. When I am in "plan view" and add windows to my residential plan, they don't show up (but they are visible in ortho view). I can sometimes fix that through "object display", but I have to do it individually. Where can I fix that uniformly?

2. Also, my 10' walls show nicely in "plan view", except my adjacent shortened entry wall disappears (but visible in ortho view). I cannot fix this one. What's going on? Thanks.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: ADT 2007 object display disappears in plan view

Quote Originally Posted by Sammye
    1. When I am in "plan view" and add windows to my residential plan, they don't show up (but they are visible in ortho view). I can sometimes fix that through "object display", but I have to do it individually. Where can I fix that uniformly?

2. Also, my 10' walls show nicely in "plan view", except my adjacent shortened entry wall disappears (but visible in ortho view). I cannot fix this one. What's going on? Thanks.
    For future reference, you will get a faster response if you post your ADT 2007 questions to the ADT 2007 Forum. No doubt a friendly moderator will be by shortly and move this post there.

1. To what height is the global cut plane for your "plan view" Display Configuration set? What is the vertical dimension of your Windows, and what is the head height? Are the Windows cut by the cut plane? If so, they should show, unless you have gone out of your way to make them not show. If they are entirely above the cut plane, chances are they will not show up. You can override the cut plane height, if need be, on a wall-by-wall or window-by-window basis (check out the Other tab when editing the display settings). To avoid a lot of display overrides, you may want to consider setting your global cut plane at a different elevation, if you can find one that works for both your usual window locations and all the other objects affected by the cut plane.

2. How short are your shortened walls? Are they below the cut plane height? Do you have the Below Cut Plane component for walls turned on in any of the active Display Representations for Walls in your "plan view" Display Configuration?

If none of the above makes any sense, you may want to create a sample file that shows examples of these issues, ZIP it up and attach it to a reply, so that others can see your settings and make more specific suggestions.

Congratulations on your first post, and welcome to the AUGI Forums!

Login to Give a bone

Bingo! Worked. Thanks!!!!

Login to Give a bone

Please note I have moved this to the ADT 2007 forum...
    Steve Bennett |BIM Manager
    Taylor Design | Adventures in BIM