Thread: Window with Array of Mullions but Array Group Doesn't like Constrants!

Login to Give a bone

Angry Window with Array of Mullions but Array Group Doesn't like Constrants!

I have beaten my head too long so here is my issue!

Making a Window Family with Mullions that are arrayed so that can just say 6-6 or 3-3 whatever I want for my grill patteren and they will just be there! Tried of doing transoms and having to add one more to see what it will look like! I have found that everything works FLEXING it then I go to ARRAY that Mullion and the Array Group loses it's locking to the Ref Planes and or Sash so I will edit the group lock it back into place and go to FLEX it and ERROR Constraints and if I Remove that Error-ed Constraint it removes the bottom lock or top lock. I then went into a Default blank family and put in some Ref planes and Still it will not like to be locked top and bottom in a plain simple 2 Ref planes a top one and bottom one lock the solid form mullion object to them and try to array it and add a parameter for the arrayment and try to make the taller and ERROR constraint?

Any help with THIS issue would be great! I know there are a couple other ways that I have done them by a Yes/NO and having 4 different configuration but I want this ARRAY to work not checking boxes and adding more mullions when they want to see a 2-2 looks like! WANT the ARRAY to work!

Thanks

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Window with Array of Mullions but Array Group Doesn't like Constrants!

Can you post the family so i can have a look at what is wrong with it.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Window with Array of Mullions but Array Group Doesn't like Constrants!

I know what youmena about banging your head.... i am at the moment trying to create the same thing. The array requires 2 constraints that are controlled by formula so that as the distance between the array increase or decreases then the start and end positon for the array is altered accordingly....I've almost got it i think.... otherwise you need to create at array where the first and last bars are actually locked and hidden within the frame component... that seems to work, but i don't like using this method as it's just not right.

Login to Give a bone

Talking Re: Window with Array of Mullions but Array Group Doesn't like Constrants!

Finally finish the problems I'm having are not knowing all the places to assign the parameters in nested families and where they go! FINALLY got all the issues corrected! Please let me know what you think I can't be hurt too much more! My eye's are blood shot! LOL

Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by billyn; 2007-07-17 at 07:34 PM.

All AUGI, all the time mlgatzke's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by billyn
    Finally finish the problems I'm having are not knowing all the places to assign the parameters in nested families and where they go! FINALLY got all the issues corrected! Please let me know what you think I can't be hurt too much more! My eye's are blood shot! LOL

Thanks
    I am attaching a window that I am working on, though I haven't had time to mess with it in a couple months. The trick is to use "nested" families so that each item can react the way it needs to. This also allows the multitude of parameters necessary for the various arrays not to be seen in the finished family. Nesting also allows you to switch profiles or families being used. The example that I've attached has several muntin profiles that the user can choose between as well as a "simple" and a "complex" profile of the window frame and sash.

Also, I prefer to build my windows without trim. Then I build a family with the opening and trim and load nested families of the necessary window families. This way I can quickly build a family with custom window sets.
    Attached Files Attached Files