Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: where can I simply find an elevation marker and all the other annotations we had?

Login to Give a bone

Unhappy where can I simply find an elevation marker and all the other annotations we had?

I was forced to go to CADLT because Autodesk no longer supports its own product (desktop 2005) so now I am trying to add a simple elevation marker and its nowhere to be found. you know the one with the rotated square and numbers at each point and one in the middle! the tool pallet window only offers a one sided call out which is not the same.

The "Design Center window" is useless in that it neither enables you to insert this kind of thing from previous versions or from this version, so if anyone knows where it is please let me know.

Another problem is in the "tool pallets window" shows both the Imperial and metric versions of everything, how can I get it to just show Imperial?

These used to be rather easy by comparison to access these predefined blocks and things but now it is forcing me to create a new one from scratch every time I need one and nothing is uniform. what happened to this program.

Can anyone offer any help. thanks a bunch

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: where can I simply find an elevation marker and all the other annotations we had?

Quote Originally Posted by chris.135357
    I was forced to go to CADLT because Autodesk no longer supports its own product (desktop 2005) so now I am trying to add a simple elevation marker and its nowhere to be found. you know the one with the rotated square and numbers at each point and one in the middle! the tool pallet window only offers a one sided call out which is not the same.

The "Design Center window" is useless in that it neither enables you to insert this kind of thing from previous versions or from this version, so if anyone knows where it is please let me know.

Another problem is in the "tool pallets window" shows both the Imperial and metric versions of everything, how can I get it to just show Imperial?

These used to be rather easy by comparison to access these predefined blocks and things but now it is forcing me to create a new one from scratch every time I need one and nothing is uniform. what happened to this program.

Can anyone offer any help. thanks a bunch
    I'm not sure what product you were using before (I'm assuming either architectural desktop or mechanical desktop). Both of those products are vertical products of Autodesk, which come with their own special features, features that won't be found in AutoCAD or AutoCAD LT.

What version of LT are you using, I'm assuming 08.

If you have these blocks you are looking for in other drawings, you can use the WBLOCK command to make drawings of them, and then use these drawings to create a tool palette of blocks, which can then be dragged and dropped into your drawing.

The Tool Palettes you are looking at, I assume, are the ones that come shipped with AutoCAD. Those are sample tool palettes, giving ideas of things in both metric and imperial units. If you don't want them, simply delete them off the tool palette - or as I said above, create your own tool palette(s) with the blocks that you want on them.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: where can I simply find an elevation marker and all the other annotations we had?

Thank You Ms. Richardson: I feel better now that I vented.

I have taken some of your advice and will continue to follow through all of your recommendations. I do have the latest version Cad Lt and was working from Architectural Desktop.

I was afraid to delete things from the tool window for fear of deleting it permanently but are unfamiliar with executing an WBLOCK command but will try it momentarily.

One would think that over the years Autodesk would be adding to these symbols instead of thinning them out. I mean, really, deleting a standard 4 way elevation marker for example

now once I have created this wblock don't I have to place it in a particular folder and isn't it already a wblock somewhere ? I how can I track it down and?

Login to Give a bone

One would think that over the years Autodesk would be adding to these symbols instead of thinning them out. I mean, really, deleting a standard 4 way elevation marker for example.
    How much did you pay for ADT?
    How much did you pay for LT?
    Consider the difference.

Login to Give a bone

I have taken some of your advice and will continue to follow through all of your recommendations. I do have the latest version Cad Lt and was working from Architectural Desktop.

I was afraid to delete things from the tool window for fear of deleting it permanently but are unfamiliar with executing an WBLOCK command but will try it momentarily.

One would think that over the years Autodesk would be adding to these symbols instead of thinning them out. I mean, really, deleting a standard 4 way elevation marker for example

now once I have created this wblock don't I have to place it in a particular folder and isn't it already a wblock somewhere ? I how can I track it down and?
    A WBLOCK is a drawing, just like any other drawing. What I have done is I have created a folder and I keep all of my standard blocks in there. After I have created them all, what I do is, in the design center, you can right click on a folder name, and select "create tool palette". This creates a tool palette with all of those blocks in that folder.

One of the "not yet improved" features of tool palettes is that they do not update. So if you change a block in that folder, or add a new one, you have to recreate the tool palette. You can delete the old one and recreate it as above (just the tool palette, not the blocks). It's a pain, and it can be time consuming if you have a lot of blocks - it can take a while to create the tool palette.

Good luck with this, and please, ask if you have any more questions.

Login to Give a bone

Oh, and please, just call me Brenda, or Bren

Login to Give a bone

Cool Re: where can I simply find an elevation marker and all the other annotations we had?

Hi again Bren:

I have tried to do what you recommended but seemed to have failed. I tracked down the folder which had all these blocks in them (see the attached pic). Then I tried to create a new tool palette and it shows them all broken down and not as it was meant to be ( see attached pic).

Now if I do what you said which is to make a wblock of each individual one and they get saved into their own folder the same thing happens. why didn't it work when I made a new tool palette from the original w blocked folder ?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by chris.135357; 2007-07-24 at 06:16 PM.

Login to Give a bone

Hi again Bren:

I have tried to do what you recommended but seemed to have failed. I tracked down the folder which had all these blocks in them (see the attached pic). Then I tried to create a new tool palette and it shows them all broken down and not as it was meant to be ( see attached pic).

Now if I do what you said which is to make a wblock of each individual one and they get saved into their own folder the same thing happens. why didn't it work when I made a new tool palette from the original w blocked folder ?
    I can't open PSD files here. Can you save them as jpgs?

Login to Give a bone

ok, check them out now!

Login to Give a bone

ok, check them out now!
    You are trying to create dynamic blocks, am I correct?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast