Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heating and Cooling Load Calcs

I could stop if I wanted to dmb.100468's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Heating and Cooling Load Calcs

I am running Revit MEP 2008 off of a network deployment. When I try to do heating and cooling calcs, the VE interface appears but when I click Calculate, the Apache Thermal Analysis progress bar just sits there and nothing happens. When I click the <Virtual Environment> button and select a new project I get the error message in the attached image.

When I go to "Add/Remove Programs", Revit MEP 2008 - IES VE Loads Calculations is listed (900Mb).
    Attached Images Attached Images

All AUGI, all the time kyle.bernhardt's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Heating and Cooling Load Calcs

Don,
    The components necessaru for the built-in Heating and Cooling Loads calculations are installed with the program. To run the <VE> standalone you'll need to download the remaining components from IES, hence the dialog when you hit the <Virtual Environment> button. Sounds like there's something up with your IES installation if it's hanging during load calulations. I'd recommend that you log this issue with our Support team, they should be able to help you get this set up properly.

Kyle B

Login to Give a bone

I seem to have the same issue. When you do a heating and cooling loads calc, the Apache engine starts, but just hangs. Even unistalling and reinstalling everything makes no difference what so ever.

Login to Give a bone

We were having issues related to this...but not exactly the same. I had to have someone with admin rights execute the loads program once, then it seems to work fine with "lesser" rights.

Have you tried that?

Login to Give a bone

I have Admin rights. I have put in a support request, so we'll see what happens.

Thanks

Login to Give a bone

Angry Re: Heating and Cooling Load Calcs

Quote Originally Posted by dmb.100468
    I am running Revit MEP 2008 off of a network deployment. When I try to do heating and cooling calcs, the VE interface appears but when I click Calculate, the Apache Thermal Analysis progress bar just sits there and nothing happens. When I click the <Virtual Environment> button and select a new project I get the error message in the attached image.

When I go to "Add/Remove Programs", Revit MEP 2008 - IES VE Loads Calculations is listed (900Mb).
    Hello Everyone,

I got problem of somewhat different nature. When I hit "Calculate" button Apache starts heating and then cooling loads calcs and after few minutes returns message that loads could not be calculated without any explanation.

Has anyone came across this problem before?

Regards

Andre

Login to Give a bone

I have now had a chance to look at this in detail as the problem seemed to affect another laptop which I had MEP/IES installed on as well. It stopped working after a windows update. However, this is just my experience and I have passed this information onto to IES for them to investigate, but it seems to only affect my machines, because they are all running IE7 (that will teach me to upgrade to the latest microsoft browser!! ). The following security update seems to stop the heating and cooling loads calcs from running; "security update for windows internet explorer 7 KB931768. If you are running IE7 and the heating and cooling loads are not working, try uninstalling this update as it may cure your problem. However, as I have suggested, these are only my findings. I'd be interested to know if this works for anybody else?

Login to Give a bone

Ok, this time I will post and leave it here

THANK YOU DAVID!!!

I found that I actually DID have that security update installed. When I uninstalled it, the Apache Thermal Analysis ran just fine!

However, when I did the uninstall I got a warning saying that some software may not run properly without that update, which is a little disturbing. But that's what we get for being slaves to Microsoft...

Thank you again!

Login to Give a bone

Don,

This is good news! I having been taking to the IES guys about this issue, so I will let you know how I get on once I get a response from the development team. Its probably worth turning off the auto update within Windows, this will stop Windows trying to install the updates without informing you. Also, like you, I also got a warning message about a bucket full of applications that would not run after removing the update! The strange thing was, if you reinstalled the update, then removed it again, the warning message did not appear the second time around.

Login to Give a bone

Just confirming: the Microsoft Security update (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en) is the culprit. Uninstalling this update will allow the thermal calculation modules to work again. The IES development team are working on the case, aiming to create a fix. I'll post a note as soon as the fix becomes available.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast