Thread: Hiring Consultants

Login to Give a bone

Default Hiring Consultants

I am looking at hiring a Consultant for C3D training. Any suggestions? Things to watch out for?

I could stop if I wanted to Ogre's Avatar
    In the end, Cauliflower is just albino Broccoli
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Hiring Consultants

Quote Originally Posted by Gael
    I am looking at hiring a Consultant for C3D training. Any suggestions? Things to watch out for?
    Usually your reseller can help you with training...See what they can provide...

Login to Give a bone

I am kind of getting shy or reseller education at this point....At least for C3D.
    C3D requires a lot of up front work and a total change in using the software. Reseller education is canned and so when you are done and you go back to the office nothing ever seems to fit quite right. I am looking at hiring Michael Farrell to do a company wide training. Anyone have any comments as to Mr. Farrell's training abilities?

I could stop if I wanted to Ogre's Avatar
    In the end, Cauliflower is just albino Broccoli
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Gael
    I am kind of getting shy or reseller education at this point....At least for C3D.
    C3D requires a lot of up front work and a total change in using the software. Reseller education is canned and so when you are done and you go back to the office nothing ever seems to fit quite right. I am looking at hiring Michael Farrell to do a company wide training. Anyone have any comments as to Mr. Farrell's training abilities?
    There are some resellers that will come out to your site, gather information on what you do and create a training program based on the gathered information...Avatech does it...

As for Mr. Farrell, I do not know...Sorry...

Login to Give a bone

There are two trainers that I use in my area Cadapult (Rick Ellis) and PPI. Rick does a great job and when I worked for the county I had Rick come and do about 5 sets of 3 day training. I have also done classes with PPI. But to get a company rolling w/ projects going on and doing all the setup needed and getting everyone on the same platform (not to mention getting everyone onto autocad....I am plagued with Terramodel too)...it is all a bit overwhelming. Mr. Farrell has offered to help write styles and train the whole office and says we will be semi functioning when he leaves w/ on going support. It sounds great. So I am wondering if anyone else has used him. I have talked to a couple people from another website who liked him, but I guess I casty my net out a bit further....

Login to Give a bone

From his time here and on other autodesk-related groups, it is obvious that Mike Farrell has a lot of knowledge.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by jaberwok
    From his time here and on other autodesk-related groups, it is obvious that Mike Farrell has a lot of knowledge.
    Thanks for the thought.....

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Ogre
    There are some resellers that will come out to your site, gather information on what you do and create a training program based on the gathered information...Avatech does it...

As for Mr. Farrell, I do not know...Sorry...
    So does Imagineit, as far as I know.

Login to Give a bone

Yes, I have taken classes w/ imagenit but again, I really don't wan't canned education...
    For the same reason as PPI and Cadapult, don't get me wrong all three offer very good classes. I think Rick Ellis is a great instructor and I have worked with him quite a bit.