Thread: Tagging Receptacles with JUST the circuit no.

Login to Give a bone

Default Tagging Receptacles with JUST the circuit no.

Need the ability to show panel AND circuit number on the homerun, but JUST the circuit number at the receptacles. Presently you have to live with the same tagging option at the homerun and the receptacles. Please allow independent choices of tagging at homerun separate from the device. There's no need to duplicate the panel name at the device IF you work for a firm that also shows wiring. It just clutters up the drawing. Thanks!
    Last edited by sparkie001; 2007-08-09 at 04:09 AM.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Tagging Receptacles with JUST the circuit no.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkie001
    Need the ability to show panel AND circuit number on the homerun, but JUST the circuit number at the receptacles. Presently you have to live with the same tagging option at the homerun and the receptacles. Please allow independent choices of tagging at homerun separate from the device. There's no need to duplicate the panel name at the device IF you work for a firm that also shows wiring. It just clutters up the drawing. Thanks!

You can actually have more then one tag on a wire, it is just a pain to go back and forth between the two.

For this problem you could make two wire tags, one with panel/circuit info and one with just the circuit number. To place them both you can either
    1) Change the wire tag associated with wires when you tag "By Category" (harder)
    2) Place the same tag twice and then change the second tag through the type dialogue menu on your task bar when you select the second tag (easier)

Both tags however will be associated with the wire, not the receptacle and the wire so you will need to position the tags correctly.
    Matthew Danowski, PE, LEED AP BD+C
    Project Electrical Engineer
    Baltimore, MD

I could stop if I wanted to dmb.100468's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Can't you just use the Electrical Device Circuit Tag (found in Imperial Library/Annotations/Electrical) to tag the devices and tag the wire with a different one?
    This tag reads the Circuit Number of the device.

Login to Give a bone

Also with tagging receptacles and homeruns... Please oh please add this to the wish list and the new build when it comes out...

I have set up my wire tag to display the panel - circuit for the homerun, but when I place it in the model that tag automatically goes to a predetermined position. It is taking twice as long to do some so easy. First I have to place the tags and then I have to go back and move them so they are visible. I would like to see a little sub routine in there where when I place may tag I get...

---------------------------------------

First click on the homerun arrow that you want to tag.

The next thing that happens is a floating text where the text is connected to the mouse arrow and visible.

Now there is the freedom of moving the mouse and text to where you can see the text and will not conflict with any other items around it.

And with the second and final click, place the text into position.

---------------------------------------

Is this possible? I know you don't want me to type this, but I have to. AutoCad can do it, how hard is it for Revit?

Please let me know....