Thread: Snap Bugs (moved from Known Issues...)

Login to Give a bone

I have found a few “bugs” or a bit of strange behavior in the Snaps tool. First off, when you turn off snaps they don’t stay turned off once you close Revit. For example, I don’t like to have the “nearest” snap on all the time. I fact, I never want it on. I am able to turn it off – great, but the next time I restart Revit the “nearest” snap is back on again.

Secondly I like to use the function keys for my snaps. Some of the snaps work as function keys and some don’t. “Snaps off” for example does not work at all when assigned to a function key. Also when function keys are assigned as snaps they don’t show up in the snaps dialog box. If I assign SP to snap perpendicular I get a helpful reminder in the snap dialog box that SP is the short-cut. If I assign the F4 key to snap perpendicular the helpful reminder comes up blank.

Lastly, does the F1 key have to be hard-coded to the help tool? I need all my keys for commands. The F1 key is prime real-estate – give us the ability to change it. This goes for the F8 key also.

Thanks

Scott Hopkins

Revit Forum Manager Steve_Stafford's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Snap Bugs (moved from Known Issues...)

Skip on by this response....unrelated forum admin stuff...

I guess this forum is confusing to everyone ...in short we're hoping to confine the posts in this forum to issues that are confirmed acknowledged defects. How the software works or doesn't based on an individual's desire or preference doesn't really constitute a defect from the developer or product manager's point of view.

This post really belongs in the General forum because it's hopefully starting a dialog about snap behavior, not a documented problem with the software. (Don't worry, we'll move it...)

Most importantly, if you think you have a "real" bug, talk with support, that is the only way it will become "legitimate", belong in this forum and hopefully be fixed in the next release.

When in doubt, read the announcement(s) at the head of each forum for clarification. When something doesn't make sense...post a suggestion in the suggestions forum and it will be dealt with. Contact info for Revit support is in the announcement heading.

overanout

Login to Give a bone

Whoops ops:

Sorry Steve

golly, I'm cruel and unusual...made him cry...moving to General "Q"

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

It is my understanding that F1 is established as a help shortcut by Microsoft and developers of Windows based software are not allowed to change it if they don't want their hands slapped by Bill Gates.

Login to Give a bone

AutoCAD allows you to change the F1 key to anything you want. Maybe I'll tell Bill Gates about AutoDesk’s illegal use of the F1 key and collect a handsome reward.