Thread: 3D Visual Style .DWG Corruption

Login to Give a bone

Default 3D Visual Style .DWG Corruption

I'm getting a strange DWG corruption (actually sticks with the file). I've seen it on one other machine and for the first time today on mine. The file was fine for several days and then it just corrupted, the only thing I can do is copy the information to a new file, not an ideal solution by any means. Regen sometimes makes it better, sometimes worse.

It seems removing some objects, saving the file, and then reopening helps some.

Any thoughts?

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: 3D Visual Style .DWG Corruption

Quote Originally Posted by fhoffnar
    I'm getting a strange DWG corruption (actually sticks with the file). I've seen it on one other machine and for the first time today on mine. The file was fine for several days and then it just corrupted, the only thing I can do is copy the information to a new file, not an ideal solution by any means. Regen sometimes makes it better, sometimes worse.

It seems removing some objects, saving the file, and then reopening helps some.

Any thoughts?
    Use audit command or recover command.
    If this don't does work check your backup file so convert 3d visual style*.bak in dwg.
    And re open it.

Login to Give a bone

Didn't help.

Thanks for the suggestion Arben.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by fhoffnar
    Didn't help.

Thanks for the suggestion Arben.
    But this file exist in a sv$ .file?

Login to Give a bone

I'm sure it did, but ultimately I'd like to be able to solve the problem rather than revert to a known good backup. Another engineer here is now having this problem, but much more often (as in daily) so it may possibly be driver related. We're still looking into it. It's a bit hard to drop everything just to rub AutoCad's belly for a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Arben.Allaraj
    But this file exist in a sv$ .file?

Login to Give a bone

Arrow Re: 3D Visual Style .DWG Corruption

I think we have same issue. If you remember you responded to my post Titled “Auto CAD 2005 runs faster than V-2007?” I tried to run same file in the machine that runs V-2005 and find out that I can apply any command and respond in split seconds rather than 3 to 5 mins. slow response in another machine that runs Auto CAD-2007.

I am still on the process of solving the issue because, we can’t afford to run that kind of program that respond more than a min. per command and end up of crashing the system because of something terribly wrong (Possibly video cards or other hardware’s or driver not working properly or not powerful enough to support the newer version that is Memory hungry) that creates the problem .

Now you mentioned about file corruption that possibly happened when we are trying to push too much on the software by firing commands, after commands and can wait before the first one is being process because of the system hardware components is not powerful enough and end of it get stuck and corruption of file happened and need recovery to recover as much data as we can get.

Now I think the problem possibly started on the process of recovering corrupted files and created a bad files for unknown reason that can’t be purge and can’t be identified and deleted during audit process. If you tried to open your Block Manager you possibly notice a Bad Block on the list and follows a slow response or not responding at all. Looks like you get into the trap or opening an infected file with a kind of virus.

That is why when we copy paste all object to a new page or copy and open same file to another computer even though it is running with older version it runs normal and sure no Bad Files present.

I will keep in touch for any updates on this matter if we can find a solution or a prevention just to get away with extra aggravation.

Ted (Auto-CAD user)