See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Revit Links Display Discrepancies

Login to Give a bone

Unhappy Revit Links Display Discrepancies

We have a site with 5 buildings on it. Previously we had all the buildings in one project but recently we separated the project into different files all linked into one site file. We are encountering a problem in how the largest building displays within the host file. Certain elements (floors and groups of floors and railing families) do not display. Some of the same elements display but other instances do not. I have attached two images one of the Linked file with everything displaying and one of the host file with the missing elements. I have purged out all the projects and reduced them as much as possible.

Some of the elements, but not all, that display incorrectly are in different groups in the linked file. Could this be part of the problem? It's not a work set issue as I have tried putting the elements on different work sets in the linked file but they still do not display? The linked building file is rather large with about 6 work sets.

The display problem happens in all views (plan, elevation and 3-d). However if in the Host file I tell the linked file to display per a linked view the elements appear as they do in the original file. But as you cannot link 3-d views or elevations we need to solve the problem so we can take 3-d views of the site and have everything display properly.

I have also tried linking the building file that is not displaying correctly into a new revit file and the same elements do not display correctly?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Revit Links Display Discrepancies

Are they on a workset you didn't load? are they masses? Check if masses are turned on in VV.
    Scott D. Brown, AIA
    Senior Project Manager | Associate

BECK

Login to Give a bone

Thanks for the suggestion, but the elements that do not show are on the same wokset as other elements that do show so I do not think that is the problem. Furthermore when I linked the file I loaded all worksets. Also I do no think masses are an issue becuase the elements that do not show are floors, railings and stairs.

It may have something to do with groups? The linked file has many complicated model groups within it. It just baffling.

Certifiable AUGI Addict dhurtubise's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Could it be a display issue of your video card ?
    How is it setup, OpenGL and Overlay Planes ?