Thread: Unable to switch back and forth from 2D & 3D with Status bar buttons.

Login to Give a bone

Default Unable to switch back and forth from 2D & 3D with Status bar buttons.

I am in Acad Map 2008. I have opened a drawing that is in the 3D Model view. I am wanting to change to the 2D view. The help file states that all you should have to do is clip on the buttons on the status bar to change back and forth between 2D & 3D. The buttons do not seem to be active in that when I click on the button that is inactive to make it active there is no change in the button status or the appearance of the drawing. Any suggestions?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Unable to switch back and forth from 2D & 3D with Status bar buttons.

Buttons in the status bar...? Not quite sure what you're talking about here.

To switch back to 2D-Wireframe, go to View->Visual Styles->2D-Wireframe. You may also need to reset to the Top view in View->3D Views.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Unable to switch back and forth from 2D & 3D with Status bar buttons.

I got it resolved. The next time I rebooted I was informed that I needed to repair the installation of Acad. That took care of it. Thanks

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by sinc View Post
    Buttons in the status bar...? Not quite sure what you're talking about here.

To switch back to 2D-Wireframe, go to View->Visual Styles->2D-Wireframe. You may also need to reset to the Top view in View->3D Views.
    Sinc, with MAP3D not the C3D version there are two icons in the status bar (far left side) that allows users to change between the 2d-3D views. Nothing more than a macro for plan view and an Isometric view.

All AUGI, all the time brian.hailey933139's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

For those of you in Civil 3D that would like to see the Map Status Bar, you can follow the instructions HERE.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Hailey View Post
    For those of you in Civil 3D that would like to see the Map Status Bar, you can follow the instructions HERE.
    HEY, don't be giving away our MAP secrets.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Jmurphy View Post
    Sinc, with MAP3D not the C3D version there are two icons in the status bar (far left side) that allows users to change between the 2d-3D views. Nothing more than a macro for plan view and an Isometric view.
    Ah, I always forget about that. We use Civil-3D almost exclusively these days. And some days, we're even happy about that fact...