Thread: Parametric MvPart: Return Grille

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Question Parametric MvPart: Return Grille

I need help!
    First off does anyone have a working return and/or exhaust grille parametric part they'd like to share?

I am attempting to make a parametric part for our return grilles. I have 2 issues (that I'm aware of) that are throwing me off. I will attach a zip file with what I have so far.

Issue #1: How can I change my insertion point?? I can't figure out how/where to change my insertion point. It's not even on the object. Most annoying. I would like it on the bottom left hand corner.

Issue #2: My symbolic view is not showing up correctly. I need a diagonal line that goes from one corner to another, but stops where the diameter of the duct attaching will be. Right now it shows up correctly for the 12x12 6in diameter neck piece (the size that I drew it to be based off of), but I can't get it to show up correctly for the rest of them. Is there some sort of constraint I can add in here? When I try it states that the points are not in the same work plane...of course not...I'm trying to link a top plane view with a symbolic plane view. I'm sure there is a flaw in my logic here, but I don't know what other method/constraint to use.

NOTE: I have this set up for square grilles only. For some reason I can not get a square root function, therefore I had to solve the equation with both sides equal to each other so I could then just type in the sqrt (2) as the numeric value * length of the side.

Any assistance would be most appreciated!!!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Parametric MvPart: Return Grille

I am still working on this and have yet to find a solution.

At the same time I am working on a VAV box that has a reheat coil on the end that needs to have a solid hatch covering the rh coil area. I have yet to figure out a way to do this. I attempted in the symbolic view to create annotation through their tools and then have the annotation have an opaque background. This almost worked, however, I don't know how to pin down the text box inside of the rh coil area and allow it to move with the different sizes of the rh coil.

I attempted to try to put a bunch of cole lines in and then create constraints for them, but for some reason it wasn't letting me do that.

Any thoughts??

Forum Username Moderator
    Login to Give a bone

ameador,

First item - review AUTOLAYOUT within the content builder which will allow you to specify the placement point (see Chapter 11 - Creating Custom Content).

Second item - symbolic views (schematic symbols) are drawing(s) which are assigned to a part family. You can have one drawing for all parts in the family (which is what you have) or you can assign a different symbol for each part - multiple drawings required.

Stadtler

ACA/AMEP Community Chair stelthorst's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Hi ameador,

Please note I have *moved* this thread from the ABS 2007 General forum to this one, as I believe it will be better served here.

Thanks, Scott Telthorst

Forum Moderator
    Scott Telthorst
    Quality Control Manager
    Helix Electric, Inc.
    www.helixelectric.com

Some see the glass as half full, others as half empty. As an engineer I see the glass as twice as big as it needs to be. ~Unknown~

Login to Give a bone

Thank you stelthorst!

We'll see if we get further input.

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

I just added a Titus Eggcrate Return Grille (mvpart) if that helps you at all...

Here is the url: http://www.kwmech.com/mvparts

-Buzz

Login to Give a bone

The links provided are not down (error 404)
    Looking for the Return Grilles (custom sizes) also, if anyone can help thet would be greatly appreciated!